Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buck Beds and Licking Branches

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dude must have attended a "school" with Tony LaPratt. He hosts a whitetail academy at his property in Michigan... Charges a shit load of money to throw a bunch of off the wall hunting tactics at you. I've never been, but I know a guy who went. I'm skeptical of the buck bed stuff. But I know for certain the licking branch tactics do in fact attract attention from the deer.

I too have done the licking branches, but this usually just involved tieing a branch down to get it at the right height to start a scrape. Have created rub trees in food plots as well and they have worked. The buck beds is something that I have never known anyone to try. I think there could be a little something to it as deer do prefer to bed in certain locations and spots. I take it from the responses that no one on here has tried and after all the responses even if they did they probably won't admit it. LOL.

Gordo

Athens County
My wife would shit if I was makeing 'buck beds' but still struggle to make my own bed. Damn it mom!!!!

Gonna give it a shot.....

Lmfao

Fletch

Supporting Member
Been deer hunting a long time, but never heard of making buck beds before... Fake scrapes yes, but buck beds... But hey.I got a bridge to sell, any takers???