Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Merchandise: Purchasing Options

What option is best for you?

• A

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • B

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • C

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Attention Tapatalk Users: There is a poll attached to this thread you cannot view. Please use your browser or logon from a PC to vote in the poll.

Once again, the reality of what we would like to offer our members and the reality of the market are beginning to diverge. We've located a supplier that offers quality merchandise in all the options we want, but they cannot offer web-based purchasing and their quote on shipping creates some issues. By not offering a web-based store, that places the burden on us once again to design and maintain the store front, something we were hoping to avoid. Additionally, the shipping situation poses some difficulties. We feel we have a reached a point where we need your input. Here are the options, which are reflected in the poll. Please give us your feedback.

Option A: We proceed with the company we have negotiated supply and price with to date. We will build the store front and ensure it is a seamless process from order, to payment, to creation, to shipping. The issue with this is that a $12 t-shirt will run you $7+ in shipping, pushing the total over $20. If you order more merchandise than can ship in the $7 baggie made available to us, it will be shipped in a $13 box. We feel the shipping rates are exorbitant, but that is the market and if we want to offer you the luxury of ordering at any time, this is the consequence. Beyond this, there is no way to predetermine the shipping costs and this in itself creates an issue we need to find a solution for. If you order several items, shipping could run over $20 if you need a box and a bag, or multiple boxes. We have checked USPS and UPS under the idea that we could place and order, then Dustin could handle shipping. That’s its own nightmare and we’re not going down that path again.

Below are the prices. Keep in mind there is no markup and we are not making ANY money on these. These prices reflect the convenience of being able to order what you want, when you want. If this sits well with the masses, we will find a solution for the shipping situation.

Option B: We use this supplier, but we order 3-4 times a year in conjunction with a TOO event. You would pay us through the site and Dustin/I will coordinate the order. Those of you attending the event where supply is aggregated will receive your goods. Those of you not attending the event, will pay a separate shipping fee once determined by Dustin or I. This is cumbersome, but it gets product to people and it saves you on shipping if you’re coming to an event. However you will lose the convenience of ordering when and where you want. For simplicity, we will probably limit options on a bulk order as well. This could however, result in a lower cost per item depending on aggregated quantities.

Option C: We continue to search for a full service firm willing to handle the store front, orders on demand and shipping. Costs will be what they’ll be and the entire deal will be structured around convenience for the members, as well as for Joe and I since we would not need to be involved on any level. Prices may be higher, but convenience and availability is the best for you all.

I’d like to reiterate our thanks to Dustin on this. He now sees why I have got pissed and walked away from this a few times now. There seems to be no vendors that act as full service firms. We are trying to make the product as available as possible, but at the same time, we feel $20+ for a t-shirt may be a little steep for our market. However if you all just want access to product and if it costs $1-10 more per order to have access to our products, then we will facilitate that setup.

Your feedback on this issue is sincerely appreciated.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I agree with you jesse that we want to avoid Dustin having to go to the post office and ship orders all the time. I greatly appreciate the willingness but man that would get old quick and burn a fella out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No matter what happens, this required a solid amount of effort. Thank you Dustin and Jesse.

I will put out a couple phone calls. I use the same company. Have for 15-20yrs. Doubt they will be able to offer any different. BUT. . .I will only be out a couple phone calls.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just putting this here for my own amusement... lmao

ff19cb68a995fe85c3b962fc32690aa59827a6158b202a70ae44383fa7be5cd8.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Haven't had time to comment on this. Here's my .2 cents. I think Dustin is going to get real tired real quick of shipping these orders. Although I also think there will be a rush in orders right off the bat and then it will taper down to a manageable level, which might not be that bad. Still, $20 for a $12 shirt....

Gordo

Athens County
I agree with you jesse that we want to avoid Dustin having to go to the post office and ship orders all the time. I greatly appreciate the willingness but man that would get old quick and burn a fella out.

X100 on that. That's too much

If lessening the work load on you guys means spending a couple more bucks on each item, I think the extra couple bucks is worth spending

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
My cousin runs Screen Printing Unlimited. Decent sized shop, and I would be happy to talk with her about upfront costs or min order sizes to cover the cost to create the screens. Then discuss what is needed to retain them and ship product as orders come in. You can find them online or on social media. No worries if not.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
For the time being option B is where I'm at. The bulk order will have a reduction in cost per item and a good bulk of the goods can be dispersed fairly quickly at the events. The remaining items can be redneck transportation and the last little bit could be shipped.

Would also be nice to keep option C in play and keep an eye and ear out for something. We wouldn't need to actively search for it but just keep feelers out. This is what I thought we was getting when I did the leg work years ago. As we learned from that ordeal was that we don't do enough consistent ordering for the printers to add the page, maintain it, and switch all the screens out for a couple items every month or two.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
7 of 10 votes said Option C, which turned out to take less time than expected. It appears a full service solution could be open for business next week...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
7 of 10 votes said Option C, which turned out to take less time than expected. It appears a full service solution could be open for business next week...

That's what I'm talking about. Been a long time in the making and many dead-end roads. Glad to see it finally coming to an end and we can get gear out whenever members want it. Good job everybody!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
We are VERY VERY close. As in this could be released TODAY or tomorrow. I finally found a place that will do everything we have been looking for. Currently the Web Store is set up, but it is being tweaked, adding color options is what they are working on right now. They only allow up to 6 color options, so Ive had to narrow it down. Ive done a walk through of the store and it is very easy to use on your phone and PC. Once this is ready, Ill get a hold of Joe and Jesse and let them decide how to display it on TOO.