Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ruger AMERICAN in 450 Bushmaster

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah, it was a specialty order from a large gun dealer in Michigan.

Did they say it was going to be a regular product? As of last month it was special order through that dealer at $200 over what a RAP goes for.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
From the videos I've seen from shot show they are adding it their regular products
Yep, looked it up. I will be buying one.

Looks like a street price of $450. We have two of the Predator editions and they are both easily under an inch @ 100.

Last edited:

Wmiller07

I've been looking up ballistic information on this round. Seems like a great choice for deer hunting in Ohio. I have also been seeing companies making AR 10 style guns in 6.5 creedmoor. Very tempting.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am using Aero Precision for most of my 6.5 creedmoor build.

Going to try and have a Ruger 450 bushmaster for the summer shoot.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Seen it on Michigan Out of Doors a couple months ago. Pretty cool rifle. They are letting them use straight wall rifle in what was shotgun only counties.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been looking at it also. I don't know why as I have a great shooting marlin 45-70. I guess it's the new thing kick.
But I'm ready to jump on a 450 Bushmaster upper for my already AR lower on one of my PD rifles I don't use anymore.
When the Ohio rifle round law changes next month these rifles will be harder to buy.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Do you know what new calibers are going to be added?

It looks like the caliber list will go away to be replaced by 35 to 515 caliber straight wall rounds.
When pistol hunt started there was a list and that list was done away in 2000. I had a 454 Casual and wasn't allowed to hunt deer with until 2000 because it wasn't on the list.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Why don't they just go ahead and legalize high power rifles, the BFA isn't going to rest until they do, so just cut to the chase and let's quit beating around the agenda bush.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Why don't they just go ahead and legalize high power rifles, the BFA isn't going to rest until they do, so just cut to the chase and let's quit beating around the agenda bush.

I logic as I see it is. All these straight wall rounds are short range rounds with rainbow bullet travels. 300 yrds is really pushing the range. IMHO

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I logic as I see it is. All these straight wall rounds are short range rounds with rainbow bullet travels. 300 yrds is really pushing the range. IMHO
That's the logic today I agree. But in the future it'll be used to justify the next step of high powers; just as the improvement in muzzy and sabotage slug performance was used to justify PCRs today.

In a year or two. "A 30-30 only has slightly better performance than a 45-70. So we propose you should allow those too.

A year or so later. "Well since we allow a 30-30 we should allow other 30 cals like the 30-06."

And so it goes.