Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today's Cadiz Hunt

Renovator

IMG_7647.jpg
I took my 14 year old son with me today. It started out very fast. We collared the dogs, let them loose, as we were loading our guns my son said "There's a rabbit" about five yards in front of us. We turned the girls loose on it, the rabbit ran straight to the bottom of a ravine. The girls flew down, and the rabbit stared making its way up. I could see it the entire way. As it got to the top, it turned the away for me and offered me a shot. 60 seconds into the day we had our first rabbit. I thought it was going to be a banner day. The girls jumped one about an hour later. They ran it up and down and all around for about 40 minutes. I saw it twice, but never close enough to shoot. The area we were in has a small lake with a steep ravine around it. It offers some good hiding places and holes. About 10 minutes after we lost the second one, we had a third rabbit up and running for about 15 minutes. It was getting very close to my son's gun, and then holed up where the girls lost it. I could not try Beach City, one of my customer's basements flooded, and I needed to get home to check out the job. We would've liked to bag another rabbit, but all in all, it was a great father-son day bonding.