Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cadiz

Renovator

Hunting a place in Cadiz tomorrow
I was looking for a second stop if needed. Any suggestions Close to Cadiz preferably on the way back to Cleveland.

dirtysouth36

Saltfork is rough. Try egypt valley wildlife area! Its huge and close to cadiz. Also public ground near bolivar dam. Kinda hard to find if you dont know the area. Lots of good places in harrison county.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If you're coming down 77 to 250 into Cadiz (the best way), then you'll be going right past Tappan Lake. Like Schu said, I think there's some public ground through there. I wish I knew exactly where to help ya out.

Jay mentioned Salt Fork area, but that's kind of out of the way unless you're gonna go down 77 to Cambridge and then across US22. That probably adds 30 minutes onto your trip each one way.

Renovator

I think I'm going to hit beach city since it's on my way home. Do you have any suggestions on where to park and start? Thanks for all the help

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Beach city is 10 minutes from me. I use to hunt there when I was a kid and there was actually quite a few deer on public land. I did hunt it last year and saw a busted up gimp legged 4 point. Right now with all the rain we got your going to have a hell of a time even making it down those back roads to park, let alone make it to where you want to hunt on foot. The Tuscarawas river is flooded over the banks right now, I can only imagine what it's like out there.

Last edited: