Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 rabbit adventures

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2639.jpg Me and my father-in-law hunted today. Jumped 7 rabbits at our first turn out. Great place to hunt. Hunted 4 other small spots after that. 2 spots never produced a rabbit, the other 2 produced 2 rabbits each. Ended up killing 7 rabbits total. My father-in-law wanted 1 more so we would have our limit but we never got it. Can't complain though. Had a good day!!

Jamie

Ohio
that's a fine day of bunny hunting. getting that last one sure is difficult most days. often the hardest one to find, but there is something inherently pleasing about collecting a limit of small game, more so when you can get two limits with a hunting partner. I've only collected two limits of squirrels (12) in a day twice hunting Ohio with dogs.

Renovator

Looks like a fun morning. I can't get out this weekend maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. How were the dogs holding the scent today ?

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2672.jpg We hunted yesterday. We got started late. It was lightly raining when we started. We knew a heavy rain was headed our way so we were hunting pretty hard. Ended up jumping 2 rabbits at the same time but about 200 yards apart. 1 got away and 1 got bagged. Then we killed 3 more within 5 minutes. Dogs would jump 1 and flush out another one. Ended up killing 6 in 2 hours then the heavy rain started. We hadn't hunted that spot in a couple years. Obviously it still holds several bunnies. We only hunted about half the property.

Rabbitrunner80

We hunted Friday as well. Had a hard time finding a rabbit. Only jumped 2. Got 1. Dogs ran and hunted great just couldn't find a rabbit.

Miguel

Anyone generous enough to give me some suggestions/names for rabbit hunting area near Bucyrus? Anyone have any suggestions near me on public hunting ground? I have lost most of my hunting spots to coyotes and new owners of my spots who do not allow hunting. It's getting so bad that I am strongly considering not getting any more beagles after my 14 and 9-year old dogs can no longer hunt.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Rabbitrunner80

Had a good day yesterday. Jumped 14 rabbits and bagged 8. Me and a buddy both limited out. Rabbits were laying tight, ran short circles and were in more of a slipping mode rather than running fast. It's was a very good day.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had a good day yesterday. Jumped 14 rabbits and bagged 8. Me and a buddy both limited out. Rabbits were laying tight, ran short circles and were in more of a slipping mode rather than running fast. It's was a very good day.

Nice.... That's a good day right there....

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2700.jpgIMG_2712.jpgI was only gonna hunt half a day today because I had to work. My father-in-law has been working a bunch of overtime here lately so he hasn't been hunting much and my kids were at my parents so the wife was able to go. The day was so well that I decided to take the day off that's why there's 2 pics. Ended up killing 10. Jumped a bunch. The dogs did amazing today. My wife ended up bagging 2 more.