Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trophy hunt club Ohio

MikeCfromWV

Has anybody leased land or ever dealt with trophy hunt club Ohio? I was thinking about leasing some land from them and wanted any info anybody has before I spend a bunch of money just to end up trespassing. Thanks in advance.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
What?! Compared to who? Ohio is like 40 something on the list for public hunting.

I've never heard of them either. Try looking them up on FB or something.
I'm not comparing Ohio to any other state, Dave. There's thousands of acres in southern Ohio.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Never heard of them! With a name like that I'm sure they'll drum up some business! I'd do your research thoroughly as there are a lot of shady outfits these days! Good luck!

Never heard of them! With a name like that I'm sure they'll drum up some business! I'd do your research thoroughly as there are a lot of shady outfits these days! Good luck!

Yes. If you go their website, the owner says that he lives in Maine. That throws up a red flag right away if he is running a business in Ohio and Kentucky. Not saying it is a sham, but I would want to do my homework.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
So many of these guys lease up a ton of land then sub lease to however many other hunters to reimburse themselves and make some dough in the process! It's ethical,legal and smart as long as long as several lines don't get crossed then things can change on a dime.

Personal agendas and greed usually are at fault when they do.

teej89

NE PA
For their Kentucky hunt - "100% guarantee of a sighting of a shooter buck 140"+ class or your next year hunt will be free!"

As long as your nose doesn't get noticeably longer you can keep getting free hunts till you tag out.

MikeCfromWV

I'm open to any options right now I've been searching for almost 2 years for a hunting club or a lease to get in Ohio and just can't seem to find one. If any of y'all know where either of the two would be I'm interested as long as it's not some ridiculous amount of cash. It doesn't even have to be a lease I'm not gonna be able to hunt all the time because of work anyways so if you know a Good Samaritan lol that wouldn't mind to come hunt his or her property a couple times a year would be nice to. Plus I don't mind to work but I also work full time and will most likely live several hours away from most of the spots but I most certainly would be more than glad to help on my time off.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Always got to do your homework with these operations.. Probably your best option is to run an ad in some local newspapers and cut out the middle man. I had some experience with an outfit based in I believe the Columbus area. Guy that was running the leasing operation has several 200 inch Ohio bucks to his credit. I got a different story on every piece I was interested in.. Quite frankly he was a B/S artist..Finally just gave up on them.

I started out looking at leases when I looked at Ohio. With having a few kids that hunt, I decided that it would be better to buy some land adjacent to public land. The leases I looked at were pretty pricey in my opinion for what you get. Also if I want to make improvements, I don't want to ask for permission and I don't want to do work on land that I may not be able to hunt in a few years. Not sure if your situation would allow this, but something to consider.

MikeCfromWV

That's definitely a dream of mine is to purchase land in Ohio for hunting but I'm 24 and just moved from the southern part of wv to the northern part for work. So at this point in my life I'm renting at the moment and trying to find a place to buy here to live so buying property just for hunting isn't really an option at the moment.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
looking at the land photos, many of the leases border Wayne National, Shawnee that are public hunting areas so you will encounter trespassers for certain. Make sure you walk the lease before you write a check. especially with some unknown person as far away as Maine who may never have seen the lease property himself.

In general, Leasing in OHio is a get rich quick scam.