Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trapping

oakswamper

around Toledo
A little far for me or I would. Buy a half dozen dog proofs and get after them. They are real easy to catch and it will save you money if you have corn out

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
When are you coming up to hunt next, clay? Muzzy season? I'd look into getting a half dozen dog proofs, set them while your in camp. Bait them with dog food and shellfish oil lure and you might get a few.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
When are you coming up to hunt next, clay? Muzzy season? I'd look into getting a half dozen dog proofs, set them while your in camp. Bait them with dog food and shellfish oil lure and you might get a few.

Yea I am coming next Friday till Tuesday, hope to meet some of you guys at the hunt on Sunday. So I looked it up and that might work but if I want to be legal I am not supposed to trap without a class first, as I have never trapped before

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So then ya just go up and shoot them in the head.
Or beat them with a hammer[emoji23]

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Is that to protect the fur? If I trap them can I sell them or can I tan them and make a hat? I really don't care I just want to kill them
I always have a hammer with me so that's what I kill stuff with, but no it doesn't put any holes in the fur. A 22 doesn't damage a pelt though. Coon really aren't worth much this year, and yes you can have them tanned for a hat. I have a few coon pelts at home in my fur bundle

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Lmao! I freaking love the way you handle some things!!! "Then I just stand on their backs"
Well it's kinda hard for a critter to breathe with 250 pounds on top of them lol. Coons ain't shit, try jumping on a yotes back after a whack with the hammer lol.