Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today's hunt

Renovator

Headed 1 1/2 hrs south of Cleveland this morning met up with a couple friends one has 2 males 9&11
Plus my 2 3 year old girls. We headed to the farm across the street climed the hills in 4 wheel low. Dropped the tail gate about 10 minutes in, one of my girls jumped one it took off running the others joined in. The sweet music was echoing in the valley off the hills they ran it 165 yards before they turned it around. It was coming to me then changed directions after it saw me but offered my freind a quick peak at the bottom were he ended the chase.
Rabbit two was up 5 minutes later we jumped this one up top in heavy cover after a short circle in thick cover it literally almost ran into my feet before making a U turn I fired off a couple shots at the speedster no luck my freind also got a quick look. The dogs ran this one a while but the cover was so thick we could not get a good shot. We decided to call the dogs off and move to another area. This one was short and sweet two of the dogs jumped it down low the bunny headed for the high ground were someone was waiting. My freind with the two males had to leave for work. We had lunch then headed out behind the house about 30 minutes in we got one off the jump. Had another up shortly but lost trac after a few minutes. It slowed for a bit. Last run was funny, my jump dog was barking the other one came over and joined in and they both took off behind me hot on trail it ended at the creek dogs stoped cold. The bunny crossed the creek and disappeared.
Had about 8 runs only 3 came home with us.
Great area but need a little snow to give us some better looks.

Renovator

I lost my dogs about a year ago, they ran off game one came back 4 hrs later the other was turned in the next day my buddies dogs were found 4 days later 10 miles away. I use the Garmin tt15 mini. They have not chased off game since but s good security.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
So far I haven't needed he GPS yet, saw them in action when hunted with a guy up north but wasn't impressed too spend the cash yet lol.... Sooner or later the collars will need upgraded and that's when I'll drop the cash.... I've currently have 3 collars and at the time it was 600+ to upgrade....

Rabbitrunner80

I use garmin dc40 collars with an alpha 320 transmitter and sportdog 3225 training collars. I have had great luck with everything.

Renovator

I bought the collars to make sure I can find them if they ever took off again as they are my kids pets, I lost them 3 days before Christmas last year. As for hunting a couple nice features. First thing you can see if there getting close to a road, second
When they go out of hearing you can tell if there still backing, on a chec or stoped. Thirds if they take off in a straight line fast for over 300-400 yards probally off game.
I forgot in my novel the other day the dogs took one to the top of the hill about 265 yards out of hearing range they ran it for about 30 minutes on the way back at 215 yards the dogs were on a chec kept stopping at 215 yards. One of the guys trucked up to the top. The rabbit slipped under a fence by a gas well and the dogs could not get in. I'm going to try and get out Friday before I start taking on some new Renovations jobs next week. What area are you guys from ?

Renovator

Renovator

I might head east to Burton tomorrow
Or South to Cadiz

I'm from Cuyahoga but travel all over with the girls.