Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bushnell Trail Camera Issues - Help?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have a bushnell trophy camera that has bene rock solid, taken 1000s of pictures. I put new batteries in it a few days ago, it loaded up, worked good for 2 days then died again.

I am running lithium batteries in this camera.
Any idea what could be wrong with it?

Ill be calling Bushnell tomorrow...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not sure but some cam manufacturers don't recommend lithium batteries. Just a quality Duracell or energizer should work fine. I picked up a box of cheap alkaline a from TSC once and had a very similar problem. The can would work for a few days then quit. A fresh set of duracells fixed it.

OO2

In the Uplands
Yeah I'll echo what Jackalope said. I heard lithiums were no good for atvs in the cold. I assume the same thing for smaller batteries. Good luck!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Im having an issue with a bushnell as well. Its not a battery issue though. It just quit taking pictures. Right now its sitting in my garage. Im giving it the cold shoulder treatment.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks for the input guys.

I had a set of batteries in the camera- it quit working put a brand new set in the camera, nothing. I then tried another new set of batteries, it fired up but stopped after a couple of days.

I will try some less expensive TSC batteries.

I wouldn't think the cold would effect them too much as I have a few Reconyx cameras and they only run off Lithiums, they run almost all year long on one set of batteries and I have them in some fridgid temps. Perhaps these Bushnells are wired different but my other Bushnell TC is running off the same batteries and working like a charm.

Sometimes TC are a pain in the dick!

Not sure but some cam manufacturers don't recommend lithium batteries. Just a quality Duracell or energizer should work fine. I picked up a box of cheap alkaline a from TSC once and had a very similar problem. The can would work for a few days then quit. A fresh set of duracells fixed it.

The same happened to me 2 seasons ago with my Bushnell. Brand new Tractor Supply batteries lasted 2 days and died, in July. Have used Duracell or Energizer since with no issues and the camera is out year round.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I have also taken them inside. Opened them up best I could and give then a good drying out near the register. Sometimes it helped.

I haven't tried lithium batteries at all but good quality Duracell or Energizers last for many months in my Coverts. I had 2 cameras still working from the beginning of April til November, until the 8 gig SD cards filled up. Some brands may like them but I will stick with what has worked for these cams anyways.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Mine just had issues Al. Took it home, opened it up and let it dry out for a day. Put new batteries in and it was fine. Almost like it just needed a break!

Mine just had issues Al. Took it home, opened it up and let it dry out for a day. Put new batteries in and it was fine. Almost like it just needed a break!

Did it have moisture in it? My Coverts are notorious for getting moisture/water inside after the first year of use. From what I understand the housing warps over time and the seal doesn't do it's job. Now whenever I put them up I put little rubber roofs over top of them and zip tie them in place. Seems to really prolong the life of them so far.