Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Plans for Next Year

Ok. Now since it is getting towards 2017 it is that time to start thinking about projects for the upcoming year. What do you have planned? Here is mine.

PA (Home)
I don't have many plans for PA as most of my work will be at camp in Ohio for this next year. The only thing I am going to do is to plant sugar beets where I planted the soybeans this year and then will plant an annual of some sort in my normal annual plot. Other than that I will keep my other gasline clover plots mowed and maintain the pear and chestnut trees that I planted a couple of years ago.

Ohio (camp).

Learned alot about the property this year and have several projects lined up.

First I want to expand the food plot that we made last August. I want a good 1/4 acre plot. It will take a fair amount of chainsaw and brush cutter work. Will probably frost seed some clover and also want to hit it with lime and fertilizer.

Secondly I am making another 1/4 acre plot on the property at the far end. It too will take alot of chainsaw and brush cutter work. I probably got about 1/2 of it done when I ran down about a week ago. Spent a little better than 1/2 a day. Will probably frost seed some clover and also want to hit it with lime and fertilizer.

Another project is to widen out a couple of the old logging roads. Last year we got these old logging roads opened back up, but 2 of them need widened out as right now there is just a narrow path. We may frost seed the logging roads as well.

Another project is to create a waterhole. I have 2 potential sites for this and may try to install 1 at each place. Not much water up on the mountain except for a waterhole on the National Forest on a gas well road that is pretty close to the main road. It sees some use, but I know if I can get one away from the road the critters will use it more in daylight hours.

I plan on starting a mineral site this year as well. Put some salt out last year, but didn't put in a good spot and with the slope it simply washed over the hill. Got some ideas from Jesse's thread and got a better spot picked out.

I plan on planting some trees. Not sure where or how many, but since this was timbered a few years ago, now would be the time if I am going to plant.

A couple of other projects is to get another blind built down there and move a couple of stands. I originally had planned on putting out some posted signs, but we haven't had any issues with trespassers down there, so I may hold off on that.