Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Public hunting land for rabbits

Rabbitrunner80

I'm new to this site. This is my first post. I rabbit hunt a lot throughout the season and run the dogs a lot out of season. I have several places to hunt but was thinking about taking my 13 year old and 7 year old boys out of town to hunt for a couple days. I been looking at hunting the Dillon wildlife area and the Mohawk dry reservoir or possibly Tri-valley or Woodbury. Can anybody give me some feedback on these areas or point me in a better direction? Thank you

Rabbitrunner80

Where do u live rabbitrunner80? Ive hunted rabbits at woodbury with good results. Aep recreation land is also near by there and ive done well there too..

I live in Jackson County. I have several places to hunt in my area, just looking for a place to get out of town with my boys for a couple days.

Jamie

Ohio
I spent a bit of time exploring some new areas on the larger public hunting areas last season looking for more places to squirrel hunt. Dillon had more rabbit cover than squirrel woods. Powelson was essentially one giant briar patch, and the parts of Woodbury I visited had better rabbit cover than squirrel woods. I have more to cover at Woodbury, but I expect more of the same. reclaimed strip mine land is usually very thick with a noticeable lack of quality trees and mature open woods. lousy for rats, great for deer and bunnies.

Rabbitrunner80

I normally don't hunt public ground that often but after doing some research it looked like that area was a good direction to head toward for an out of town hunt for my boys.

Miguel

I am new to this site; from Bucyrus area. I am looking for any suggestions/spots for anyone feeling generous. I have loved rabbit hunting for most of my 57 years, but due to coyotes and landowner changes, my spots have dwindled to almost nothing. Anyone familiar with the Willard Marsh public hunting area? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I am new to this site; from Bucyrus area. I am looking for any suggestions/spots for anyone feeling generous. I have loved rabbit hunting for most of my 57 years, but due to coyotes and landowner changes, my spots have dwindled to almost nothing. Anyone familiar with the Willard Marsh public hunting area? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome too the site Miguel, not familiar with that area at all.... Good luck....

Rabbitrunner80

Welcome to the sight Miguel. I'm fairly new too. I wish I could help you with the area your located but I've never hunted there. This is a good group of guys. You will like this site.