Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Millennium stands

OhioHunter88

Perry County
Anyone on here run one? I ordered an m100u and just wondering what you guys thought of them, my plan is to sell most if not all of my hangons ( I have lots &lots) and use just the brackets with pre hung sticks and carry the stand with me. I also will keep my original LW assault and sticks for a mobile setup.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
M100U is the Cadillac of treestands, at least out of all the hang ons I've ever had. Boarhead runs a couple m150 monsters, he loves those. All I know is once you sit in that M100U, you won't buy anything but millennium.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hey Crayola, are you ready to make the switch yet? Your ass has to be flat as hell now from those lone wolfs[emoji23]

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yep all i use are millenniums.
The monsters are nice if ya leave em hang.
The 100 u are great for packing in.
They are all comfortable,i have done over 15 all day sits this yr,no way i could do that in any other stand.
Ric will figure it out some day Chad,well maybe not he is getting old and his mind is slipping.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have an M100 original. Most comfortable stand I've ever sat in. But, although it can be used as a mobile setup, I think there are better stands available for that purpose. I've used the LW sticks and millennium combo for 5 years or so... I like it, but there's room for improvement. The stand is not heavy, but it's just large enough to be cumbersome. If I'm hanging a set that will not move for a few days then I have no issue setting up the M100. But for a true run and gun setup, in which I could give two shits about comfort, I'd opt for something smaller and lighter, with a quicker and quieter attachment system.

I should add this, though. For the purpose you stated... Leaving brackets attached to trees and whatnot... It's the best option available. If you've already got sticks and brackets in the woods, packing in and attaching a M100 is a piece of cake. That's the best application for that stand IMO.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have an M100 original. Most comfortable stand I've ever sat in. But, although it can be used as a mobile setup, I think there are better stands available for that purpose. I've used the LW sticks and millennium combo for 5 years or so... I like it, but there's room for improvement. The stand is not heavy, but it's just large enough to be cumbersome. If I'm hanging a set that will not move for a few days then I have no issue setting up the M100. But for a true run and gun setup, in which I could give two shits about comfort, I'd opt for something smaller and lighter, with a quicker and quieter attachment system.

I should add this, though. For the purpose you stated... Leaving brackets attached to trees and whatnot... It's the best option available. If you've already got sticks and brackets in the woods, packing in and attaching a M100 is a piece of cake. That's the best application for that stand IMO.

I agree 100%. Especially if you do the versa button mod to the base.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That would be the only downside to it I see as well. Bit cumbersome. If brackets and steps are prehung it isn't too bad. That is what I generally do or I hang it midday, hunt it, leave it for a few days or a week.

OO2

In the Uplands
Compared to a more expensive model with the back? I see Muddy makes something similar to the M25. Anyone know how that compares?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Compared to a more expensive model with the back? I see Muddy makes something similar to the M25. Anyone know how that compares?
M25 is comfy, does not have back rest. That can be fixed with one of those big game back supports that you strap to the tree. IMO it's easier to stand up and also requires less movement in the m25, but not as comfy as the M100U. If you can swing the extra cash I'd go with the M100U.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I have a couple M25's and the 100U. Both are fine for an all day sit but it is the difference of 1st class vs coach. The 25's are great comfortable sits for prehung sets without packing a stand in. The M100U gives the ability to have more semi ready sets with ladders and brackets set and just bouncing location to location with the stand.

The M100u is better for naps with the back and foot rest :)

Flatlander

Darby Creek
I can see the M100 would be more comfortable with the back support but how much does it hinder you if you need to stand up and stay tight to the tree? Also, how far does it keep you out away from the tree while sitting compares to a stand without the back? I like to stay as tight as possible to help with concealment.