Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Meigs county hunters

Gordo

Athens County
I logged a bunch of time hunting near the 'little white chapel' in meigs. Great hunting. Challenging with the hundreds of acres of cover, but that's why there was world class deer there. I'd still be doing it if it wasn't for a lack of time and resources. I'd drive by 7 or 8 places on the 40 minute drive I had permission on. Area is awesome.

Now I'm hunting Athens/Vinton and rotating between 4 different places that are all under a 15 minute drive.

Where 'abouts' in meigs are you hunting?
You live in the area?

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I logged a bunch of time hunting near the 'little white chapel' in meigs. Great hunting. Challenging with the hundreds of acres of cover, but that's why there was world class deer there. I'd still be doing it if it wasn't for a lack of time and resources. I'd drive by 7 or 8 places on the 40 minute drive I had permission on. Area is awesome.

Now I'm hunting Athens/Vinton and rotating between 4 different places that are all under a 15 minute drive.

Where 'abouts' in meigs are you hunting?
You live in the area?

My parents own the farm that has been in our family since 1935, it is in the Chester area. I don't live here right now but when my youngest graduates we are probably moving here full time, if we can wait that long. Where is the little white chapel? Is it public land.

Bobcat

I live in Athens now, but grew up in Burlingham. My parents still live down there, and I head back to hunt their farm when I can.