Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

November 7th Buck

LonewolfNopack

The woods
All,

Just wanted to share with you my buck that I killed a couple weeks ago. It has been a tough fall for me with a lot of personal things going on in my life and my spirit to hunt has not been all that high. Nevertheless, I drug myself out of bed the morning of November 7th and was blessed to have a hot doe in my area that brought this buck by. It was barely daylight when the unmistakable sound of deer running through the woods woke me from my predawn tree stand slumber. By the time I had a chance to un-clip my bow from my belt and attach my release, the doe had already ran past me and the buck was right under my stand. I was able to draw and stop him from a flat out sprint at 15 yards from my stand and let the arrow fly. I never even stood up to shoot. He jumped, ran about 10 yards and then walked off. The last sight I had from him was 30 yards from where I shot him and with it being so thick, all I could see was his rack swaying back and forth. Not being 100% sure where I hit him (although the head sway gave me some confidence that he was down) I waited in the stand for another two hours. In that time I had 5 more bucks walk right under me following the trail of that hot doe. It was pretty incredible as I share this hunting spot with 3 other guys and we simply do not see that many deer. After my wait in the stand I climbed down and walked to the last place I saw him swaying. My plan was if I did not immediately see him in that spot then I would back out and come look that evening. Well I did not immediately see him so I turned around to walk back. I took three steps and stepped right in a giant pile of lung blood. I turned and followed it and found him just 5 yards away from where I just was standing. It was a long tough drag out. That's pretty much my story, as it all happened pretty fast. I am very thankful to have killed him. I always say a prayer for every deer that I kill and it really is a spiritual event for me. I will be taking my gf out for a couple of sits during gun season but other then that I am done deer hunting this year. Good luck everyone the rest of your season. Seth

Attachments

• 20161107_093227[1].jpg
    20161107_093227[1].jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 20161107_100043[1].jpg
    20161107_100043[1].jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice write up and great buck Seth! Gotta love exciting quick hunts like that cuz it gives you all day to celebrate and take pics!

Congrats again!:smiley_clap: