Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Annual TOO Strouds Hunt - October 20-22, 2017

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I will reserve both camper cabins and the group camp.

---------------------------------

Let this serve as the official thread for the 6th annual fall gathering at Strouds. For more information on Strouds Run State Park, click HERE.

The Ohio Outdoors Fall Gathering October 20-22

Strouds Run State Park
11661 State Park Road
Athens, Ohio 45701
Click here for Park Map

Bings Maps Coordinates: 39.358296, -82.040772

There are several primitive camp sites and 10 camper sites. For more information on reserving a camp site, please call: (740) 594-2628 or (740) 594-7296.

And as always:
Each party - i.e. all attendees and TheOhioOutdoors.com, comprised of Joe Wilson, Jesse Roush, the members, representatives, and affiliates of TheOhioOutdoors.com - shall be responsible for its own liability arising from its attendance and involvement in this function. WE ARE NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries, or deaths. You are attending this event by your own free will and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheOhioOutdoors.com for any claim, demand, cost, liability, loss, or damage suffered as a result of attending this function.

PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING:

(A) Notwithstanding any provisions of rule 1501:41-15-08, of the Administrative Code, no person shall at any time take, hunt, trap, kill, pursue, or shoot at any wildlife and/or wild animals by any means within four hundred feet of any nature trail, picnic area, construction area, state trail, service area, camping area, residence, barn, service building, shelter house, beach, water or sewage treatment facility, backpack trail, latrine, parking lot, cabin, lodge, or other structure or to shoot on, from, or across any road, or driveway within any area administered by the division.

Due to the above, we are severely limited on space to hunt at Strouds. We can figure out who gets to hunt there later on, but there will be other options available. AEP Poston Plant Lands offers 2,240 acres of public hunting. Click here to view a map of this area: Poston Map. This is a 20 minute drive from Strouds.

In addition to the Poston Lands, there are several thousand acres of Wayne National Forest within a short drive of Strouds as well. For a map of the Athens Unit of WNF, click here: WNF Athens.

See you there!!!

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
This has been put on my vacation approved list as long as the dates stick. Sign me up for a cabin spot and I'll have the heater again this year with a 20lb tank.