Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Annual TOO AEP Muzzy Hunt - Sunday, January 8, 2017

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sunday, January 10th, 2016 - Meet at 9AM

We will meet here: Hook Lake- Campground A - 9160 N. St. Rt. 83 - McConnelsville, Ohio 43756 - 39.727849, -81.708157

I assume the campground will be locked like it was last year, so we'll just park across 83 along the access road.

We have a better lay of the land now and can design some better drives, or we can pick a new spot. I am open to ideas and am happy to make another scouting trip ahead of us getting together. Chad and I talked about the last drive we did and we both think we can kill a nice buck on that drive if we let the drivers get in position first, then send the standers in. That bedding area we found has a great view of the field along the pond. Very easy for deer to see standers walking in and retreat before we had drivers in proper position. At the bare minimum, I'd like to do that drive again, but with that change.

Per usual...

You can view a map of the AEP grounds here: AEP ReCreation Land Map

You will need a permit from AEP, which is free and available here: AEP ReCreation Land Access Permit

I will check to verify a valid permit, hunting license and at least one either-sex tag. If you are missing any of the three, expect to take a lot of shit and get a cold ass while you sit on the tailgate of the truck waiting on us to come back. The last thing we need is for someone to get nailed for a wildlife violation.

And as always...

Each party - i.e. all attendees and TheOhioOutdoors.com, comprised of Joe Wilson, Jesse Roush, the members, representatives, and affiliates of TheOhioOutdoors.com - shall be responsible for its own liability arising from its attendance and involvement in this function. WE ARE NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries, or deaths. You are attending this event by your own free will and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheOhioOutdoors.com for any claim, demand, cost, liability, loss, or damage suffered as a result of attending this function.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So who is planning on attending this year?

I will be there of course. Count me in for a thermos of coffee and some donuts for the morning strategy session and I'll bring my grill/table/popup so we can cook up some lunch. We want to do a similar picnic style lunch again?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm gonna do my best to make it up to this. I've fished that area a good bit too, so I know the lay of the land pretty well.