Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Wall Art !!

shanem

Well, I made it back to NC from my 4 days in Ohio, Adams County. I have to say, I saw the best deer movement and rut activity I've ever seen and I've been going to Ohio for about 10 years now. We, my dad and I arrived on Wednesday the 9th and put up stands. Thursday I was perched in the tree by 615 for an all day sit. First deer I saw was a nice 8 but I gave him a pass. I watched a 4pt and a cow horn lock their small horns and they went at it. The 4pt won the battle and chased the cow horn away. At 1030 I heard some chasing and saw a doe running fast toward me and I got ready. I could see his horns coming my way and he stopped at 20yards with the doe under me. It was a nice 10 pt. and I came close to letting it fly. looked at him some more and could tell he was a young deer that needs a few more years so he got a pass. Had another nice 8 stroll by with tall g-2s but not what I drove up there for. Friday morning I saw a few small bucks and changed stands for the afternoon hunt. The wind was blowing and where my afternoon hunt was its thick. At 430 I heard something to my left and out pops a big doe, mouth open and on the move. A few minutes later I see a giant around 50 yards away. Get the binos on him and its the biggest 7 pointer I've ever seen. He was well over 140 but didn't stick around for a shot and I could not get him to stop. Saturday morning I was back in the same stand I hunted on Thursday morning. I didn't see anything until 830. I saw horns walking fast, head down on a mission. I grabbed the bow and got ready. He started walking towards me at an angle and I was trying to size him up to see if he was a shooter. He turned his head for me and I saw a short kicker on the side and heavy mass. At 18 yards I stopped him and let it fly. My shot looked high and I watched him take off. I kept waiting on the fatal crash but never heard it so I sat there replaying what had just happened and decided to stay in the tree until 930. 930 I got down and started to track. I found him 50 yards away and was blown away at the mass. My largest buck yet, an 11 pt. IMG_2548.jpgIMG_2533.jpg