Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

coyote rut

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Its starting to heat up walking back to my stand this afternoon I walked a ditch back and every 30yds there was piss mark and a sctraching bed. Some old boy wants a girl friend bad....I think I found a den in the ditch too...might set the camera up and if it is confirmed set a snare up or some thing else. Need to set up and try some calling there soon as deer season is over.

Tree Monkey said:
Its starting to heat up walking back to my stand this afternoon I walked a ditch back and every 30yds there was piss mark and a sctraching bed. Some old boy wants a girl friend bad....
Yep...I spotted a coyote drinking an excessive amount of water at a local creek...gut hangin' low and must have weight 90+ lbs. He must've been planning on marking a whole lot of territory. :smiley_crocodile:

The things that guys will do for a little scratch. :smiley_chinrub:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Went out tonight with no luck. You think the half mile walk in crunchy snow had anything to do with it? lol

hickslawns said:
You think the half mile walk in crunchy snow had anything to do with it? lol
hicklawns,
Snowshoes will stop the crunch, because they spread the weight out...unless there's a crust and it's a 1/2" thick. In that case you're better off to just howl and glass from a distance, in hopes that one will pop its' head out to see what's going on and you get a long shot.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57