Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Welcome home Honey!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
No, not the mount (although I'm happy as hell to have gone & picked it up today).

Little back ground here: My wife has a "No dead stuff" rule for the first floor of the house. All my racks, mounts, sheds, hunting decor etc. is down stairs in the man cave. Which I'm OK with for the most part, but my buck from this season is my best yet, and I've always said if I shot a BIG buck that he's going above the fireplace. The wife usually just rolls her eyes... which is her common reaction with most of the stuff I say anyway.

So fast forward to the current: The wife left on Wednesday to help out with her mom who just had neck surgery. Sunday morning she will be leaving NE Ohio to head back home and relieve me of my Mr. Mom duties. Just so happens that I get a text from my buddy saying that my mount is done. I can come up on Saturday and pick it up. :smiley_bril:

So then.... they say timing is everything. Here's some pics of my Veteran's Day Buck from last fall. Properly displayed with great dignity above the fireplace.

I'm thinking that when she sees my impressive decorating skills she'll probably want to send the kids off for a play date, so she can tear my clothes off in front of the fire place and proceed to make passionate love to me just like they do in the movies.

Then again maybe not so much.... rotflmao

Buckrun

Well it is a beautiful mount with a great set of antlers! If I was a woman I'd want to do all those things to you.:smiley_angellove: :BS:

Really the color you have painted the wall really makes that mount stand out. I think it looks incredible!

Last edited:

huntn2

Hudson, OH
HAHAHA!!! That is a great story. Can't wait to hear about her reaction. Hoping it plays out as you are dreaming from the movies...on another note, the mount looks great. Congrats again on an awesome buck!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What ya need to do is smash the sappy artwork that you replaced with the mount... The when she says "NO!" you can say "TOO late, i already burned that stupid painting.. Now get over here and give me some lovin"

BTW that's a kick as mount! :smiley_cheers:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
That is an awesome deer, and I like the way he looks so alert! Doesn't have that "dead look" ... do you know what I mean?

Good luck with the wife...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys!! I love the way it looks up there, and the kids do TOO!!! Pretty cool sitting on the couch with my little girl, eating deer sticks, and her already talking about wanting to go hunting. My son's already busted me just starring at the deer, "Dad, why do you keep looking at your deer, it's not going anywhere?" rotflmao

Wife should be rolling in the door by about 4:00pm today. I think I'm gonna try & set the Flip recorder up for the reaction. This should be fun!! rotflmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks great Curran! I am guessing you two are still arguing or you are on the street looking for an unprotected WiFi connection to log in here from a laptop?