Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Building a tower blind

rooster85

Lake County
Anybody here build a tower blind? Been thinking of building one for some time now, it would be nice for those chills NE Ohio late season sits. May start next week, if you've built one post up some pics. Anything you'd change? Add? I'd like room for two people and a heater maybe. Thanks gents.

Ok. I have 3 elevated blinds although a couple really aren't elevated that much as the setup doesn't really warrant it. I have found that a 6'x6'x high enough to stand up is the best setup for 2 people. This allows for plenty of room.

The first is only a couple feet elevated and has a portable hub blind on it. The deck boards on the platform was boards I removed from my porch when I redid the deck. They didn't look good but still have useful life. I only had to buy a few treated 2x4's. Really makes a portable blind more comfortable with have a level hard surface in it.

The second is a soft-side redneck blind that I put up on a wood platform. I used elevator brackets for anchoring the 4x4's to the platform. It is about 8' to the top of the platform. I like this setup.

The 3rd one is made out of treated lumber and painted OSB board. I used painted steel for the roof (had left over from pole building). I originally had built this as a blind with no floor and then after a couple of years I put it on the platform which why the unpainted boards are kinda cobbled together and I haven't got around to painting it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ok. I have 3 elevated blinds although a couple really aren't elevated that much as the setup doesn't really warrant it. I have found that a 6'x6'x high enough to stand up is the best setup for 2 people. This allows for plenty of room.

The first is only a couple feet elevated and has a portable hub blind on it. The deck boards on the platform was boards I removed from my porch when I redid the deck. They didn't look good but still have useful life. I only had to buy a few treated 2x4's. Really makes a portable blind more comfortable with have a level hard surface in it.

The second is a soft-side redneck blind that I put up on a wood platform. I used elevator brackets for anchoring the 4x4's to the platform. It is about 8' to the top of the platform. I like this setup.

The 3rd one is made out of treated lumber and painted OSB board. I used painted steel for the roof (had left over from pole building). I originally had built this as a blind with no floor and then after a couple of years I put it on the platform which why the unpainted boards are kinda cobbled together and I haven't got around to painting it.

Very nice.

I have two platforms I built for ground blinds and hope to do more. One will get changed over to a box blind next year.

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Buddy talked to local utility co replacing poles and they dropped off a pile. We built a 18' 4 post tower. ((18foot to floor)) 8'x8' box. Framed floor. Used recycled garage door sections as siding. I will try to post pics.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Anybody here build a tower blind? Been thinking of building one for some time now, it would be nice for those chills NE Ohio late season sits. May start next week, if you've built one post up some pics. Anything you'd change? Add? I'd like room for two people and a heater maybe. Thanks gents.

Elevators to attach legs are the way to go