Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rage Hypodermic Knock-offs.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
By No Means am I trying to start a Pro-Con argument. Mechanical Broadheads are not for everyone. I am just sharing my experience about a product. What you personally prefer is what is perfect for you!

I recently purchased many of the Rage Hypodermic 100 gr. (Knock-offs) from China. I paid 1.08 each for them (13.00 a dozen). They seem to be a quality built broadhead. I have been told some do not spin as they should. So far, the ones I tested are spinning fine. Last night I had a good shot (Though a little rushed) on a descent buck. He was hard quarter away. Now grant it, I am shooting a Tenpoint Venom Crossbow which shoots 372 fps. And the deer was 21 yds away. But this Hypodermic broke 3 ribs going in and another rib on the exit. Deer only went 40 yds and crashed within sight.

20161107_200749.jpg Hole going in is over 3" long. Exit hole was over 2".

20161108_085216_001.jpg Blades are a little wavy and have some "serrated" wear on the blades. But over-all, is in great shape considering it destroyed 4 ribs on its journey. I wouldn't shoot a deer with it but maybe still OK for a groundhog or point-blank kill shot.

Fair warning: The shipping is extremely slow on these broadheads. Do not expect to get some and use them next week~~it ain't going to happen. 3-4 weeks is more like it. But if your looking for a cheaper alternative, you might want to try them. Hopefully Chad will chime in and let you know how to handle it if they run past their arrival date....rotflmao He's been getting them much cheaper than I have.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Lol ya I'll chime in on the shipping here in a minute. I've killed several critters with these heads, turkey and deer. Always with good results. Like Rick said, shipping is slow, but there's a good side to that. When the Broadheads don't arrive to your house by the time they say they will on eBay all you gotta do is email the little fuggers in China and bitch about the slow shipping and how you needed them by a certain time for a big hunt and they will refund your money! Since doing that I've gotten 2 dozen heads for free[emoji23]

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Lol ya I'll chime in on the shipping here in a minute. I've killed several critters with these heads, turkey and deer. Always with good results. Like Rick said, shipping is slow, but there's a good side to that. When the Broadheads don't arrive to your house by the time they say they will on eBay all you gotta do is email the little fuggers in China and bitch about the slow shipping and how you needed them by a certain time for a big hunt and they will refund your money! Since doing that I've gotten 2 dozen heads for free[emoji23]

Order me a couple of dozen, I'll make it worth your while lmao!!!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good to know. I've seen them on eBay several times but never dared to pull the trigger. Beats the $45 I just paid for 3 lol

No kidding, I bought two packs just a bit ago and one is a xmas present for a buddy that shoots them and is always complaining about the cost as well...... Should have mine by 2 Dec.....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm thinking these Hypodermics are built better than the older model Rage. The ones with blades on the tips would have been totaled hitting bone like this one did.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Chad gave me one. I'll pass. But if I still wanted to shoot that style head, I'd be all over that deal. My reason for not wanting to switch isn't product specific, just design.

This is a classic example of what are you willing to pay to buy American Made, even if all that's made in America is the hype...