Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I now know what I did...

jeremy44230

Medina County
Yesterday started off great, bucks were cruising. Saw one I would have shot, but he didn't cooperate. An hour later I had a decent one come my way. I thought about not shooting him, but due to work and the slow season and my crappy last year, I decided to just shoot.

He was quartering to and I hit a bit back. Did not realize at the time of the shot.

Anyway, got down about 45 minutes later and slowly headed up his trail. Found my arrow about 100 yards. Blood stopped. Found another spot 30 yards from last blood. Spent hours searching to no avail....

I felt like balls all night thinking I just possibly killed a deer and didn't find it.

I hunted this morning thinking I would not find that deer.

Saw movement this morning. Made a mid day move. Got in the tree and after a bit I decided to get down and look some more. I found my buck! Shot it at 10:00 Friday and found him at 2:30 today.

I clipped a bit of one lung, got liver and stomach.... Damn near threw up when I gutted the deer.

Here he is, still very unhappy with the situation.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1478393537.335637.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Glad you found him. He looks like a dandy. Give us a good head on pic. Congrats!