Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

327 Federal Magnum

Wmiller07

Does anybody have a firearm in 327? I'm thinking about picking up a LCR in this caliber and curious what you guys think.

Wmiller07

It's an interesting round and I like how you get an extra round. I'm getting tired of carrying the bulk of the glock 26 but not crazy about the.380 round. A little snubbie in .327 may do the trick.

Yea Ted was really into that caliber. At one point He was talking about having a .32 h&r marlin 1894 recambered in .327 fed mag. I miss him a lot, I think about him almost daily.

As far as a carry gun length barrels go the .327 fed mag has the same power as a 9mm +p. Unless you are really stuck on a revolver I would consider a 9mm single stack auto. They will weigh with in an oz of the lcr and will be much slimmer. Also depending on the particular gun you will get one or two more rounds

Wmiller07

I went and handled the LCR. Definitely too big for pocket carry. However I did handle the new lcp 2 and I liked it a lot. I know I said I wasn't crazy about the.380 but that might be what I get.