Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Tag Question

MaineMan

Hi Guys, first day on the forum. Looking forward to chatting and learning more about Ohio hunting.
My question is in regards to tags. I'm going to be hunting Muskingum Co. in a couple weeks. What do I have to buy for tags? You guys have "Any Deer" tags and Doe tags, but not specific Buck Tags? I believe we can shoot only one buck and can buy 2 doe tags? That sound right?
Any info about that would be appreciated!

Also, how is this season shaping up? Deer numbers, movement, any cruising started yet? This will be my 3rd year in the area, 2 years ago was phenominal, last year not so much. Hoping for a repeat of 2014. Interested in hearing what anyone's take is on the season so far.

Thanks Guys!

Bigcountry40

Go to a walmart in Ohio ask for a non resident license and a either sex deer tag your out the door in 10 minutes.

MaineMan

Go to a walmart in Ohio ask for a non resident license and a either sex deer tag your out the door in 10 minutes.
Trying to buy them on-line. Went to Walmart there 2 years ago and the people running the counter in the sports section we clueless....so were we! It was ridiculous! Too forever and still not sure we got what we were supposed to have. LOL!

MaineMan

Ohio-Buck.jpg This was the stud on the property last year. PLEASE dear Lord, let him still be alive!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Welcome to the forum, and welcome to Ohio. Best of luck with your hunt - kill that dude and show us pictures.

And yeah, online is a good way to go for tags.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
If you are using your mobile, go to the full site for the odnr. I've had issues in the past getting tags to print from the mobile site. If you are using a laptop or desktop, you shouldn't have any problems.

Good luck.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
No offense but if this is your 3rd year hunting Ohio you should be familiar with the laws and where to get information by now. It's explained pretty well on the ODNR site.

MaineMan

I think I mentioned it above already, but we got tags at Walmart and the people didn't have a clue. So I simply wanted input from guys who knew. Thanks for replying though.

Murphy31

Western Mass
I think I mentioned it above already, but we got tags at Walmart and the people didn't have a clue. So I simply wanted input from guys who knew. Thanks for replying though.

Just get the license and 2 either or tags. Two years ago you could get 3 either or tags, but they changed it last year. I remember in 2014 when we first got our lease the guy behind the counter at Walmart said you can shoot 2 bucks. The worst part was 2 of the guys I was with believed him. I told them no he's not right, and had to show it to them in the abstract just to prove that the guy was wrong. How long of drive from Maine do you guys have?