Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Its been a long time!!!

Derek j

Knox Co.
Hey all........I finally made my way back! After 3 years of nursing school, and no time to hunt or really do anything else, I have returned! Life is back to normal, have been an RN for 2 years, and just started a new job that will allow me more time at home and in the woods! Hunting this year has been very eventful, even though I have no deer on the ground yet. Most of my time has been spent trying to get my wife a deer, and chasing after the biggest buck to date on my property. I have fittingly nicknamed him "TNT", because he is a typical-non-typical. Left side is a typical 6 with good mass/length. Right side is full of split G's and brow tine. I count at least 9 on the right. He has been relatively routine, coming into the food source right at dark. Unfortunately, he is bedding on a neighbors property, so going after him has been a challenge as of late. Hoping I can catch him screwing up and get an arrow in him.

Anyways, its good to be back, and I look forward to seeing everyones season unwind!!

10101948.JPG
10101957.JPG

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Happy for you that you're accomplishing your goals, and are now able to spend some time doing what you love. Best wishes on knocking that buck down!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome back Derek! Congrats on your accomplishments and hope you can get your wife a deer and get your target buck TOO!