Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio 2016 Rut Report. County? Conditions?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I haven't been out lately but I will be hunting the 27th-30th pretty hard, so I'll report on this thread as I gather intel.

rsmith

Just went out and saw a couple nice size rubs and 2 different scrapes. Will check the camera and put one over a scrape to monitor it. Off next week on vacation so hopefully something happens

Jake_C

I've had a few new scrapes pop up but none of them have any big tracks in them that I can make out.

I had a small 6 point chase a couple of doe across the road in front of me two days ago on my way home from work. That's all the action I've seen so far.

Glassing fields after work is still showing does with fawn and most bucks aren't paying them much attention.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We are a couple days away from things really getting good, I think. I've seen deer on their feet the last couple of mornings, but I wouldn't say they were really covering much ground yet, mostly just nibbling and going back to bed. I haven't seen any walking at high speed with a purpose yet, but that could change tomorrow...

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Central Ohio is starting to crank up a little! My son took a decent 13 pointer last weekend at 6:15 with plenty of light left. I saw a 130 inch buck chasing a doe in a cut bean field this morning and I saw 3 different bucks cruising this evening on stand. I agree with Broc....we are a couple of days from getting good!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Central Ohio is starting to crank up a little! My son took a decent 13 pointer last weekend at 6:15 with plenty of light left. I saw a 130 inch buck chasing a doe in a cut bean field this morning and I saw 3 different bucks cruising this evening on stand. I agree with Broc....we are a couple of days from getting good!
Worthless without pics

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Worthless without pics

Lol...somehow I knew that was going to happen. I said decent because you guys know as well as I do, the number of points don't mean anything. image.jpgimage.jpg