Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Excalibur Rigs

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I figured since we have a few guys out there that have excaliburs, we might as well have a thread to show them off or ask questions!!!
I will try to get a couple pictures of mine when I get home late tonight.

Mine is a micro 335,....I might of used mine games to tell my wife it would be for her and my daughter:smiley_crocodile:
Ill save all the stats later and some of the modifications I have done to it, when i post pics.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
After talking to Brock and Hicks I decided to buy a Grizzly Matrix this year for my boy. I owned an Exocet back in 1990 when I first started bow hunting and I liked the fact of the simplicity of the Excalibur so I figured I'd best go with what I'd had before. It's cheaper made than my original but its lighter and shoots just as good. I'm a big fan of the recurve style of the Excalibur.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Matrix Grizzly I think is the model. Garrett likes it. I like it. Simple. Rugged. Dead on. Reasonably priced.

tpierce

I have a Matrix 355. Awesome bow, extremely accurate. I love that I can change out the string in the field. I've had 100% pass-through on all deer I've taken with it. And it's quite tough too. I've had 2 accidental dryfires with no ill affect.

Crowell392

I bought my first crossbow this season it's the micro 355 I'm loving it so far I took a doe opening day at 40 yards it's super accurate.

steveOh

Dayton Area
I retired my 1991 Horton Hunter and bought a Micro 335 this year. Plan on taking it out tomorrow for my first hunt of the season:)

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
image1 (5).JPG
image2.JPG

Couple pics of last nights sit and my rig

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I put some air brakes on my 335, after work today I am going to shoot it and see how it performs, doesn't feel like it hurt the balance of it.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
PogPod, and yes I do like it ....it comes with a U shaped rest and then the long range rest. I like the long range rest bc you can set it up and all the kids have to do is move left and right, plus you can use it site in your gun.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes. I still have the Bogpod. Garrett uses it with his crossbow. I use it coyote hunting. Have used it turkey hunting. It is well built. Has seen lots of use and I am happy with it.