Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heading out this weekend!!!

ethanl

Well I'm gonna start the season tomorrow!! Gonna be my first time bow hunting!!!!! Second year going out!

Hopefully this year will be better!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Best of luck to you Ethanl. Most important part of any hunt is having fun and learning. This starts by making it a safe hunt so you can enjoy the next one. Know your effective yardage limits. Make picky shots. Don't try to force any through brush like some might try with a gun. Bend at the waist if hunting from a tree. Don't just drop your bow arm. Enjoy your first bow hunt!!!!

(I don't want to sound too preachy. I have made some mistakes. The tiny limbs I thought I could miss have deflected my arrows. I have missed miserably thinking I could hit a live animal at 40yds like I can my target. I have made mistakes and been fortunate to have clean misses or still recovered the deer after a bad shot. Just trying to help you shorten the learning curve. Bow hunting is a different animal. lol)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Good Luck Ethanl. I hope it all turns out for you in the form of success. (However you measure that with hunting). Remember there are no stupid questions about hunting. You have thousands of hours of experience right here at your fingertips. I have been at it for 40 years now and still learning. Best of luck to you on your first bow kill.

ethanl

Went out to same public spot like last year and never seen anything.
When I was headed there this morning not even a road over there was fenced in property I passed. Seen several doe feeding out there!!!!!! Lol I was so mad!!

ethanl

They just stood there looking at me and my girlfriend and was probably laughing at me lol