Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cellphone photo viewer

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
Have any of you tried the card readers that plug into your cellphone? I am contemplating this as an alternative from carrying my bulky digital camera. The most common one I see online is the Boneview, with many imitators out there. Just curious if anyone has the Boneview or any other similar devices. I have read some reviews and it seems to work good although there are some concerns with battery life. Not saying those reviews are not enough but I trust the opinions of some of the actual "hunters" on here more than I would an amazon review. Thanks for your time and good luck in the up coming months!

00buck

I use the micro SD cards with the adapter and put the card in my phone download and delete later since I always hunt with my phone on me

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I have the boneview. I'm not sure what concerns there would be on battery life since it runs off the cell phones battery. I love mine, I can save pics straight to my phone, share, delete. I sold my wildgame viewer after I got it.

Crowell392

I have a bone view also it works well for viewing but it's a little bit slow as far as the download goes

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I bought a bone view . It works ok but I wish you could view full sized pics without downloading them. I wish I could just scroll thru them without having to load them. Maybe I'm missing something tho. I haven't messed with it too much

Bigcountry40

I bought a bone view . It works ok but I wish you could view full sized pics without downloading them. I wish I could just scroll thru them without having to load them. Maybe I'm missing something tho. I haven't messed with it too much

I actually feel the same way, about the scrolling, but I typically look at them while sitting in the stand, so I have time

tpierce

BuckStruck Game and Trail Camera Viewer for Android Devices, Micro Usb Connection, Reads & Writes Sd and Micro Sd Cards for Hunting and Game Camera Ca
Sold by: BuckStruck

I just ordered this one from Amazon. Should have it tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think after trying it out.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Download the Nexus media importer, it's $2.99 I think. That allows you to scroll through pics. The free one does not allow scrolling.

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
I have the boneview. I'm not sure what concerns there would be on battery life since it runs off the cell phones battery. I love mine, I can save pics straight to my phone, share, delete. I sold my wildgame viewer after I got it.

The concern would be that it drains your cellphone battery.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am not happy with the Boneview. Works but not well. Whoever wrote the software is not good at it.

I prefer to take my Surface Pro and it works WAY better than the Boneview.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I am not happy with the Boneview. Works but not well. Whoever wrote the software is not good at it.

I prefer to take my Surface Pro and it works WAY better than the Boneview.
I pulled a card today that I think had a shitload of pics on it that I never erased. I let the boneview load for 5 minutes and it still hadn't brought any pics up. That's been my only issue.

buckstar25

T-county
I bought a Transcend card reader for my Droid Turbo. I can view all my pictures and videos. Same issue with scrolling with the transcend. 7.99 from Amazon.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I bought a Transcend card reader for my Droid Turbo. I can view all my pictures and videos. Same issue with scrolling with the transcend. 7.99 from Amazon.
The scrolling issue has to do with the app you use to view the pics. The nexus app will allow you to scroll.