Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Preferred hang on stand

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Millennium, sit all day and your ass won't hurt! Specifically the M100U. I also have the M25 and have pulled all day sits in that but the M100U is nice with the backrest.

Gordo

Athens County
If you like lazy boys you'll love the millenniums. M-200 the original one I think? I still haven't checked out the newer/smaller version

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Millennium, sit all day and your ass won't hurt! Specifically the M100U. I also have the M25 and have pulled all day sits in that but the M100U is nice with the backrest.

I sat in a Millennium hang on in Montana. I will have some of my own for next year. They are all they say they are. Way more comfortable than my Sportsman's Guide specials.

Crowell392

All the video reviews that I have seen on the Millennium seem to be a little bit loose on the tree what is your opinion on that

Crowell392

I am generally a summit climber guy but I'm considering getting into a couple of hang on stands, I'm looking for something that's rock solid, easy to hang and a reasonable weight.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Sorry you gotta look at my ugly mug. But you can see the diy versa button on the stand. I use a lone wolf cinch strap and it works like a charm.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I like my LW Alpha's. Solid and quiet. No, it's not as comfy as a Millie but I have not trouble going dark to dark in them. I also have a couple Muddy hang ons I like as well. I will buy a Millie for my next stand though.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I just use the cinch strap that I use to affix my Leverage sticks to the stand in transport. I haven't seen the need to make the change over to versa buttons.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I run a Millennium for pre-hung sets and a Muddy stand for my run and gun setup. The millennium holds tight to the tree if you follow the correct steps to attach the bracket to the tree. It is beneficial to attach a strap to the base of the stand and really locks it in solid. The only downfall to the millennium is there is no platform leveling option unless you go with the monster, and I don't feel it is has the best options for leveling.

The Muddy isn't quite as comfortable as the millennium, but it has the leveling capabilities needed when you can't find the perfect tree to climb in the dark.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Millennium. I have 3 of them and have done the versa button mod to each. I have 2 M100s that are prehung and a M100U for my mobile setup. Only stands I'll own going forward...

quackaholic

If you're looking to be comfortable, then it's already been said. Millennium is your stand. A bit pricey to leave in the woods and that sucker is a pain to take in and out with you. The smaller would be ideal. I have uses Lone Wolf stands for years. Love the portability. Unfortunately my old bones can't take them any more. Even with a thicker seat pad. Muddy is my new hang on choice. The Outfitter models have nice seats. And off season price at someplace like Dick's and they can be had under $100. The seat sets a bit farther out from the tree allowing for you to adjust a bit (for the sore hips and butt). I actually bought the first climber I have had in years to find more comfort. But man is it huge. Hope to test it next Friday. It's a closeout Old Man Drone. Rogers Sporting Goods has 'em for $249.99 free shipping.

Crowell392

Yeah I'm curious to know how the Lone Wolf compares to the Millennium as far as packability comfort and setup