Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spinning reel with clicker...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hey guys getting my gear ready for the thaw out and need some help. I am looking for a quality (mid priced) spinning reel with a bait clicker. Any recommendations?

Beentown

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hmmm... not sure I've ever come across a spinning reel with a bait clicker. :smiley_chinrub: Of course I've never really needed a bait clicker for the type of fishing that I do, though. Our trolling combos have a bait clicker on them, but those are baitcasters... not spinning reels.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah I have a Abu Garcia 6500 C3 (baitcaster) with a clicker. I use them for surf fishing and catfishing. I really don't need a ton of line. I want something along the same size of the large Shimano Saharra. I think I might have found a good one. It is made by Okuma. I have one of there spinning reels on my river rig and I love it.

Open to other suggestions.

Beentown

salt striker has some nice spinning reels with bait clickers , shimano makes some really nice ones to

shimano baitrunners....all have 3 ball-bearings, BTR3500B, ratio:4.7:1, line cap. 8/305, 12/230, 14/185. retail sug. price 99.99$.... BTR4500B, ratio:4.8:1, line cap. 14/295, 17/250, 20/195. retail sug. price 109.99$ i have this one. and lastly BTR6500B ratio:4.2:1 line cap. 20/270, 25/230,30/185. sug retail price 119.99$

http://www.cabelas.com/spinning-cabelas-salt-striker-8482-baitfeeder-spinning-reels.shtml

shimano has the biggest selection of spiinning reels with bait runners

salt striker is cheapest money wise but i have used them and like them , but im a baitcaster man , and stick with my tidewater tw30 , till i can afford to throw out 300 bucks for two abu garcia 7000's

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah I have a Abu Garcia 6500 C3 (baitcaster) with a clicker. I use them for surf fishing and catfishing. I really don't need a ton of line. I want something along the same size of the large Shimano Saharra. I think I might have found a good one. It is made by Okuma. I have one of there spinning reels on my river rig and I love it.

Open to other suggestions.

Beentown

I've got an Okuma on one of my rods, too, and it is a real sweety... smooth as silk.