Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Teej's Western Expedition

teej89

NE PA
Well this fall has been very much anticipated... this will be my dad and I's first DIY hunt out west and not are we only going once, but twice. We'll be chasing antelope in Wyoming in less than 72hrs from now, Oct 8 - Oct 15, then I come home, work 2.5 weeks and out to Colorado with bull elk OTC tags from 11/3-11/13.

These hunts have been a BLAST to plan with my old man, hours of sitting over topo maps, google earth and onXmaps planning out each hunt day by day morning by evening. We have a solid plan set up for both hunts but I'm sure when we put boots on the ground it'll crumble lol hopefully not tho.... I'm personally extremely excited about these hunts b/c it'll be a great bonding trip for my dad hiking and glassing all day compared to sitting apart in stands all day and texting.

Both of these hunts are rifle hunts, we'll be going for the last week of the season for wyoming and colorado we're getting there 2 days early to get our feet on the ground and do some scouting/recon and hunting the entire 9 day season. I only have one rifle, a 25-06(my dads first rifle) but this year I purchased a tikka in 30-06, been shooting it out at 300yds and feel confident I can get it done, hopefully I'll have it laying over a buck and a bull by the middle of november.

I'm going to dump all the pictures off my phone this week to open up all the free space and I'll try and keep this thread updated as often as I can.

54hrs from now we'll be en route to WY, can't wait!

teej89

NE PA
Looking forward to following along. I want to do this and do it fairly soon.

You have till 10/31 to purchase preference points for WY. I collect points in WY, CO, UT(once-in-a-lifetime tags) and I apply to NM (random draw). I won't draw the UT tags for 12+yrs, i started collecting before I knew my odds and I'm 4yrs in and once i realized this I figured I made it this far already lol but it'll be awesome when I'm out there chasing massive UT bulls and mtn goats.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Preference-Points

teej89

NE PA
And we're off, I drive the first five, he the second, me the third, then he finishes the last 5. Hopefully if all goes well we'll be ready to rock and roll by 2pm tomorrow

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Have a safe drive. Make sure to get some shut eye. I've done the drive with just two guys and it sucks!!!