Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need a ATV/UTV mechanic.. who? what? Where?

Just 1 More

My Yamaha Rhino 660 seems to have a bad head gasket and I need a repair shop/mechanic that can do the work. All the big ATV shops i've called are booked up and can't take anything in till mid November. Anyone know of someone?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Look up Hendershot Performance in Belpre. They are on FB. Couple minutes from my place and they do good work. If they can't, I know an old timer I can call.

Just 1 More

Sorry man. I took "all over southern Ohio" as "willing to travel". Did you call Extreme in Cambridge?

I know you did and I led you to conclude that.. I am willing to travel but still would like to find someone closer. Yeah, Called Extreme. I did take it to Moore's Cycle on 800, south of Barnsville. He was supposed to fix it while I was in Kansas. Got back and he said "Good news" it's not your head gasket, it's just the coolant sensors, radiator cap and bleed the air out of the coolant system" .. So $230 later I get it home and it's doing the same damn thing it was doing when I took it to him.. i'm not a happy camper

Just 1 More

One of the bigger shops recommended a guy they know that quit another big repair shop and is starting his own one man repair business in Mineral City which is only 25 minutes for me. I like to support those trying to make it on their own so I dropped it off at his place last night. I got a good feeling about the guy after talking with him,, We'll see if I made the right decision.

Just 1 More

It just keeps getting better... 2 stripped out head bolts and cracked exhaust y-pipe.
At least this guy took the time and made the effort to actually find the problem.
A prior owner apparently did some engine work because it has a Wiseco piston in it.
My mechanic hasn't mic'd things yet so he's not sure if it's a big bore kit yet or not but he said the cylinder, piston and rings look good so far

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well that's good that they look good... Sucks buying used when you don't know the history.... I've been pretty lucky so far buying used equipment...

Just 1 More

Well that's good that they look good... Sucks buying used when you don't know the history.... I've been pretty lucky so far buying used equipment...

Makes me want to do bad things to the guy who sold it to me.. No doubt he knew