Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB HELP NEEDED - Yellow Lab Female Pup Wanted

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I need your help TOOville. We really want a new puppy, but it has been tough finding something local or that doesn't cost $1,500. Some of you are active in the dog community and others just like to buy/sell, so you review classifieds more than I do. Any help I can get is appreciated.

Wants: Yellow lab female. Registered. $800 or less. Somewhere within 4 hours of Marietta.

Reward: Find me a puppy we buy and I'll buy you a nice meal at your favorite chain. (Read "gift card to Applesbees"). lmao

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I tagged you in a FB post a few months back that had yellow lab pups. Id have to see if I can find it, I imagine by now its long gone though. Either way Ill keep my eye out for you.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn dude... you're just a month or two too late. Betty's parents had that fourth litter and they were going for 800 this time around.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open. I would think pretty hard about getting a pup now though. The hustle and bustle of hunting season isn't the best time to be dog training. If you have a little patience, I'm going to try to have Betty bred this spring 2017 (hopefully). She's tri-factored so any color is possible, depending on the male I find.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm not worried about training. This isn't my hunting dog. This is for my daughter to have a dog to grow up with and somewhat to prepare for the impending demise of Remi. After much thought, I am going to hold on a hunting dog for another year or two. That gives us time to welcome baby #2 to the family, consider what to do with Remi, for our group to buy a boat and we get moved from our house. In the mean time, we want another family pet. You are right though, not a great time for training. But I work from home, so I can handle basic obedience training without much trouble.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm not worried about training. This isn't my hunting dog. This is for my daughter to have a dog to grow up with and somewhat to prepare for the impending demise of Remi. After much thought, I am going to hold on a hunting dog for another year or two. That gives us time to welcome baby #2 to the family, consider what to do with Remi, for our group to buy a boat and we get moved from our house. In the mean time, we want another family pet. You are right though, not a great time for training. But I work from home, so I can handle basic obedience training without much trouble.

Get her a beagle lol... loyal and chases bunnies for K....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fugg that noise. No beagles in this house. Maybe someday if we move to the farm. My wife loves beagles, so that's an easy sell to everyone but me...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Our beagle is a good girl. Dumber than a bag of hammers. But a good girl. Nice pet. We got lucky. Lol

Buckmaster

Portage
My family has had Beagles going back to 1968. My Grandfather had Beagles going into the 1930's.

I guess some things are hard to break.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Meet LuLu...

uploadfromtaptalk1475328772650.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
uploadfromtaptalk1475331108527.jpg

Fluteman sent me the info yesterday and we drove to Quaker City this morning. Both parents are full English lab. Mom is 65#s and dad is 95#s of muscle. Great looking dogs with a good temperament. Just a farm family with a couple good dogs. They breed for college money for the kids and the price was right.