Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Safety harnesses....Do you wash 'em or just keep smokin' 'em?

Ricer2231

I have an HSS harness and it hasn't been washed since I bought it many years ago. Do you guys wash yours or just keep resmoking them? I'm not sure how to wash it with my hunting clothes with the buckles banging around in the washer and dryer.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
You can always put scent free wash in a spray bottle, spray it down and then rinse it with the hose. I just smoke mine.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have washed mine. Sounds like you have a 600cfm Holley carb tumbling around in the dryer. lol Anymore I just smoke the snot out of it.

Buckmaster

Portage
I typically await for the wife to leave for an extended time to wash my hunting stuff to avoid conflict.

I've done, HSS harnesses, to boots, to sleeping bags.

I haven't broke the washing machine yet.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I typically await for the wife to leave for an extended time to wash my hunting stuff to avoid conflict.

I've done, HSS harnesses, to boots, to sleeping bags.

I haven't broke the washing machine yet.
LOL. I wash EVERYTHING and can see my mom's face cringing every time I get carried away. lmao

I do not dry mine in the dryer. Hang dry and I only wash it at the beginning of the season. It just hangs in the smoking closet all season and stays smokey...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hahahaha! If you know what that sounds like...lol, never mind. That's funny because I imagined someone doing it.
You get it Dave. You have a little bit of Redneck in you. I know you embrace it like I do. Lol
I have an HSS harness and it hasn't been washed since I bought it many years ago. Do you guys wash yours or just keep resmoking them? I'm not sure how to wash it with my hunting clothes with the buckles banging around in the washer and dryer.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just submerge mine in a 5 gal bucket filled with Scentfree detergent or baking soda for a couple hours and once in a while during that time swish it around sudsing it up some then rinse it off with a garden hose and let it hand outside till dry.