Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spotlights?

Buckmaster

Portage
So my ten year old million candle power rechargeable spotlight has finally failed me. I think the switch went bad because last year it worked so-so and this year it won't even turn on after charging it.

Thus....seeking some favorable inputs before I buy a new, modern times one.

Brand? Model preference? LED ? Lumens? Success stories? Any positives?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I picked up one of the waterproof Rayovak spotlights from Walmart last year and it's great. Runs on AA batteries which is handy as fugg. Small, yet plenty bright. It's the perfect size... fits easily in a pack or a dry box when I'm out duck hunting.

Ricer2231

I bought one of these cheapies at Wally World and I love it. Plenty bright, easy use, triple a batteries that I'm still using the originals. For $25 I don't think you can go wrong.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Energize...-Lumen-Vision-HD-and-Focus-Headlight/45300886
IMG_3873.jpg

Buckmaster

Portage
My lights have arrived. They are smaller than I expected. They seem pretty bright in the house. I don't think its 7000 lumens as promoted; more like 2000 (not that I have a method to measure lumens).

Hope I get to field trial them this weekend.

Attachments

• Flashlights.jpg
    Flashlights.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 169

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
My lights have arrived. They are smaller than I expected. They seem pretty bright in the house. I don't think its 7000 lumens as promoted; more like 2000 (not that I have a method to measure lumens).

Hope I get to field trial them this weekend.
That's because that 7000 lumens is split between four bulbs. If you had one 7k bulb, it would be much brighter.

Buckmaster

Portage
I had the opportunity Saturday night to try out my new flashlights.

They worked beyond my expectation.

One they lite up the whole acre food plot which was nice and two it was mighty bright following a blood trail in the dark.
It's a white piercing light that is blinding when pointed direct at a person (just ask Ron).

The negatives....the headlamp system has the ability to get snagged on unforeseen brush and branches however I was in the thick stuff and that is understandable. The hand held light was easier to navigate through the brush while leading a dog on a leash. I mainly used just the single beam as to conserve battery power.

My track job was only a half hour so I have no idea of how long these battery cells hold their charge.

Guess I'll try them out again on next weekend's track job.

Overall, a satisfied "guess and purchase" so far.

Attachments

• Rons Doe.jpg
    Rons Doe.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 217

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo