Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

truth cam users..

Milo

Tatonka guide.
found a guy on ebay selling the external power cords for the cams. it will be a cold day in hell before i pay 13 bucks for it though....hell the battery ain't that much. i'm gonna try to find it and order direct because it is surely a supply house item.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
what do you mean by 6 volt conversion? the camera is 6 volt i believe...

Diablo54

Outside
Mine is 4 d batterys.

There is also a way to use a 6volt battery but it requires a plug in which didn't come with the camera.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Yes 4 d batterys equal 6 volts...thats what i am working on is a plug into the bottom of the cam and lead wires with alligator clips to connect to a seal lead acid battery that can be hooked to a solar panel too..

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Yes 4 d batterys equal 6 volts...thats what i am working on is a plug into the bottom of the cam and lead wires with alligator clips to connect to a seal lead acid battery that can be hooked to a solar panel too..

Are you going to use a marine battery, car battery, or a BEC style battery? I assume since you say alligator clips you are going to use a BEC style battery.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you can figure out what size/type of jack plugs into the camera, it should be pretty easy to make your own external power cord... would probably just take one trip to radio shack.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Well they got back to me with a link to that guys website.....duh i axed them for the specs and that's where they sent me....i axed again and i will keep you posted.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
well shit they got right back to me...you need a 2.1mm inner ID and 5.0mm OD single pin plug