Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Intro

DOG AND GAME

Good evening folks. Long time reader of TOO, but I don't think I have ever posted. I am from southwest Ohio, near Miamitown. I am an avid outdoorsman (anything outdoors) but my main passion is deer hunting with bow, rifle (Kentucky) or muzzleloader. I am President of Southern Ohio Dog & Game Protective Association. I want to wish the best of luck to all of the members that are going out in the morning. I will hunt the morning but I am not to hip on hunting in the high temps that are forecasted for the afternoon. By the way I think I just found the best cover sent. I was letting my dog out and as my screen door was closing (it has a fast latch speed) I felt a wetness hit me in the face and arm and smelled a god awful stench yep a stink bug flew into the edge of the frame and got smashed and squirted on me I took 2 showers and I can still smell it. Looks like I am on the sofa tonight. Ha ha.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
lmao

We are getting invaded by stink bugs right now. It's some powerful stuff!

Feel free to share more about the Southern Ohio Dog & Game Protective Association when you have time. Sounds like something a lot of guys around here would like to learn more about. Thanks for the introduction!

DOG AND GAME

lmao

We are getting invaded by stink bugs right now. It's some powerful stuff!

Feel free to share more about the Southern Ohio Dog & Game Protective Association when you have time. Sounds like something a lot of guys around here would like to learn more about. Thanks for the introduction!

Yes the stink bugs just started herding up here within the last week. They are nasty smelling. The Southern Ohio Dog & Game Protective Association was founded in 1931 we own 215 acres in western Colerain township along the Great Miami river (Hamilton county). We are a conservation club with our main goal to get children interested in hunting and fishing, as we know they are the future of the hunting and fishing sports. We have a 8 acre pond where we hold a children's fishing derby every spring we average around 200 kids for that event. The lake is heavily stocked for that event. We also have the grounds open for youth deer gun season. We set up 11 blinds on the property for the young hunters. The youth are the only people that hunt the property. We have 1000 members which is the limit with a waiting list to join. We hold a Whitetails Unlimited banquet each year and also a Friends of the N.R.A banquet each year by the way it is Oct. 1st, next Saturday. Anyone in the area interested go to the friends of the NRA website to get info or pm me. We train kids for the national archery in the schools program indoor and outdoor. We have a skeet range, pistol range and 3D archery course ( 15 station 3 targets per station woods walk). Thanks for the welcome and letting me share a little info on the Southern Ohio Dog & Game Protective Association. Again good luck this season and may your aim be true.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Welcome. I'm just up the road in Hamilton. Good luck this season. If you want to get together for a beer, let me know.