Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Hunting boxes

Lundy

After 28 years on the same property there is a new owner, pitcher for the NY Mets, and he is ending my hunting on this property.

I have some items on the property that I no longer need, These are are in Athens County.

There are 4 semi portable ( come apart with a screw gun into 6 pieces in 10 minutes) ,4' x4' box, windows, carpet, rubber roof, office chairs. A couple are mounted on runners to allow them to be easily moved around the property by pulling with a 4 wheeler. Two, new last year, the other 2-3 years old, good shape, $100 ea. Picked up in Athens Ohio

This one is a 5'x8' built on a utility trailer for mobility. It has windows, carpet, rubber roof, office chairs, and a trailer jack on each corner to level the box. Tires are 1 year old. This box is a few years old and will need plywood skin replacement on the front side within the next couple of years. I built this to be able to hunt with my daughter-in-law and was sitting beside her when she killed her first deer. Every deer she has killed has been out of this box we call the "Condo" This is not a highway suitable trailer and blind, it was built to move around a property. I easily moved it on my ultility trailer. $200 picked up in Athens.

Slug guns and feeders for sale coming soon.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sorry to hear bud. Sounds like your getting out of hunting altogether. Shame.

Lundy

The windows vary slightly from box to box and range from 12X16 to 12x20

I have been nearing the end of my hunting career anyway, last year couldn't pull the trigger. I will however miss very much the challenges presented each year with the various target bucks and most of all just being out in the woods. It hasn't been about the kill for me in many, many years, but the rest of it will be for sure missed.

I don't know that I am done hunting deer forever, I may hunt some more in Ohio or might just travel and hunt some other states.

I do get panic attacks thinking about how I'm going to feel at 7 am on the Monday after Thanksgiving sitting at home. :D It will be the first opening day of gun in Ohio that I have missed for 51 straight years.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang, Lundy. That's a bummer for sure. Sorry to hear it. Very nice of you to list those blinds for sale on TOO. Someone local will likely get a very good deal on some nice blinds.

Lundy

I am waiting to hear back from the new owner on when he will grant me access to the land to remove my property. If they move at the pace they have been for the last 4 months I'm guessing it will be a couple of weeks for me to get this lined up and scheduled.

They purchased this farm 600 acres and 3 more adjoining farms totaling about 400-500 more acres and are negotiating for more of the adjoining properties. Pitchers in major league baseball make a lot of money.

I am VERY happy for the landowner that I have had the relationship with for 30 years. He is getting up in years and it has been a struggle for him to keep up with all of the daily work of running a cattle business. This is a very good thing for him. He did say he may go and purchase a a 100 acres somewhere in the area and that I would have a place to hunt for as long as i want.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
That's good to hear Lundy. At least you wont be w/o property for too long.

Lookin forward to seeing it develop Jesse.