Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prayer's Need

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well all if you know me and have been on here you know my grandma had cancer 2 years ago. She beat it, she kicked its butt, she lived another 2 years after having her stomach removed, she is tougher than I could have ever dreamed of being.

I type this today with a heavy heart. My grandmother is going to be gone in less then a week according to the doctors. They called a family meeting today and she had developed another type of blood cancer. After a week in the hospital we are brining her home, she will rest in bed until God takes her to be with him and her sisters in heaven. I don't forsee it being long. I ask that you pray for my family and that God works fast and painless.

I was in Alabama for work and I got the news that things weren't looking good last week. I wrote the below poem, this is just a taste of the kind of grandmother mine is and will always be remembered as, thank you all!

A woman who doesn't ask for anything from anyone. Except maybe grandpap from time to time hahaha.

A woman who always forced you to eat more then you could. Haha

A woman who was so proud to be Italian. It made you feel like you were in Italy when enjoying fresh lasagna when you sat at her table.

A woman who spoke of her small coal mining town in PA like it was 5th avenue of NYC. She had pride of where she came from and I will always find that humbling and honorable.

A woman who believes in Christ and has never been afraid to face him

A woman who brought up 4 children who became amazing individuals. They are all hard working, caring, and most importantly close. Family is everything and this family is unbreakable.

A woman so full of love that after 88 years no ones is ready to let her go.

A woman who has looked cancer in the face and isn't scared but trusts in God no matter the outcome.

A woman who surely will be seated in heaven, to rest peacefully forever.

A woman who is a caring wife, mother and a wonderful grandmother.

That's my grandmother and I'll love her forever.

Love,

Your Albee (my nickname, only she was allowed to call me that!)

Blan37

SW Ohio
Sorry to hear about your grandma. All of my grandparents have already passed on, so I know it's not easy. Prayers for her, you and your family members.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear this, bud. I like the poem and I'm sure she will love it too man. Prayers coming your way...

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
You and your family are in my thoughts. Beautiful words Al. Sounds like she had a great life with a great family.