Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Youth clothes exchange thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
With so many of us hunting with kids, clothes is an issue. You buy them, they outgrow. Some of them are cheap, other gear expensive. Let's face it, money doesn't go far. Nobody wants to drop a lot of coin for their kids to wear it one season. Here is my thought: let's do a thread dedicated to kids clothes.

To start it off I have some pants and also some boots i think. Garrett is 5'1" and 80lbs. Unsure of pant size but they were small on him last year. I will see what size they are and get pics. Same goes for the boots he outgrew.

I say "exchange" loosely. If I covered the shipping on the pants I'd be tickled but if someone is in need they are free of charge. The boots I am not sure on yet. Need to see condition and approximate shipping costs. I know he has Cabelas bibs and parka he may have outgrown. Those are like new and I think I dropped stupid money on them. Hoping to squeeze another year out of them. I would have to put a price on them when he outgrows them.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I will go through all of Connor's hunting clothes tomorrow and post what I have. I think most of it is youth large and adult small but will double check tomorrow.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Checked Connor's stuff.
I have a youth large hooded coat. Field and stream brand. Also have youth large camo button up shirt and matching pants red head brand. Also have a coat and pants that are guide gear rain gear. They are adult medium but run really small. I would put them at more of an adult small. They were perfect for Connor to put on over his normal hunting clothes. All is free for the taking.

Buckmaster

Portage
Useful thread as I'm beginning to equip an 8 year old. His growth rate dictates a one year use before its too small.

I'll have some stuff after this season to add to our virtual inventory.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Phil this is an outstanding thread idea! I hope that it works in realtime as well as it does in theory.
Our guys have a way of making stuff work, so I expect some great success stories.
Paying it forward - what goes around comes around - reaping as you sow - it works here.

Sorry I got nothing to contribute other than well-wishes.
My next youth camo purchase will be a newborn onesie (someday I hope - I told my daughter she's gotta get on the ball and start spittin' out little huntin' and fishin' buddies now that she's married)

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Brock and I object. Every kid should be subjected to wearing 2 pair of blue jeans under tight coveralls and 2 pair of white sox in tight rubber boots while freezing to death. It's a right of passage.

All kidding aside, great idea guys. Im lucky enough to have friends with boys a couple years older than Greyson that pass us clothes down . But I will donate to anyone here when he outgrows his stuff

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Brock and I object. Every kid should be subjected to wearing 2 pair of blue jeans under tight coveralls and 2 pair of white sox in tight rubber boots while freezing to death. It's a right of passage.

All kidding aside, great idea guys. Im lucky enough to have friends with boys a couple years older than Greyson that pass us clothes down . But I will donate to anyone here when he outgrows his stuff
Don't forget plastic bags around your feet to keep them "dry" and your dad's stretched out old wool socks in uninsulated rubber boots. This combo cost me a lot of time in the woods when I was young!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I could really take advantage of this concept as I look to expand letting Landon tag along. Pricing on kids camo is insane.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
This is a great idea. I'll have to see what I have and find out my daughter's sizes. That's kind of the wife's department, I have no idea what sizes my kids wear.

Son is not the least interested in shooting at a deer yet (he's 5) but he does like to sit in the blind with me sometimes.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Checked Connor's stuff.
I have a youth large hooded coat. Field and stream brand. Also have youth large camo button up shirt and matching pants red head brand. Also have a coat and pants that are guide gear rain gear. They are adult medium but run really small. I would put them at more of an adult small. They were perfect for Connor to put on over his normal hunting clothes. All is free for the taking.

Jon- We are good for cold weather gear. We are good for mid season gear. The Redhead shirt and pants might be the perfect early season stuff for Garrett. I'm sure others can use some of the other stuff. I don't want to get greedy.

Charles- I sent a text. The pants Garrett outgrew are boys size 10. They are a bit faded although it is more from washing than it is from usage. He probably only wore them 8-10 times and outgrew them. If they will work for you they are yours.

The boots I thought we had available are not worth shipping to anyone. They are basic rubber chore boots. Probably around $15-20 new and are well worn. No insulation. Sorry for the teaser. I thought he had an insulated pair. That was Geoffrey and he is still wearing them.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I don't have any kids gear, but I will be bringing a tub full of gear I no longer use to Strouds. There are pants, shirts, jackets and a pair of boos I think. Take what ya want.

Last edited: