Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spartan SRI-IR Camera

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Right out of the box these cameras feel very well made. There's a rubber gasket to keep any water out. The preview screen is nice and allows you to scroll through pics and delete any. Setup was a breeze, camera allows you to choose between 3,5, and 8mp. The battery life should be outstanding considering it takes 12AA's. Camera has a 2 year warranty which is also nice. I'll be deploying one tomorrow and the other on Friday.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
A friend of mine switched over to these cameras this yr with good results. I'm gonna be getting some of them .

townzen

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Why why why do these cam manufactures continue to go with AT&T. Verizon's coverage is far better. I run a Covert that uses the AT&T network and have had more dead zons than areas with good signal. In spots where the cam can't catch a good enough signal to send a pic my verizon phone will have 3G. And this is up here in the flats of central ohio, I can imagine down in the hollows of SO you can forget it.

townzen

$450 for the camera plus $3-5/mo if you have Verizon. DId I read that correct?

That is correct. $5 a month to add the device to your account and then it just uses your existing data.
If you use the AT&T version they sell what is called a mobile data pass. In a nutshell you get 1GB of Data (they claim 10,000 images) that lasts for 90 days for $25.
Below is a snip of my current data session.

data.jpg

$350 was a lot for me to pony up for 1 camera. I dont think I had ever paid more than 110 for one before. I sold a couple things I didn't need and bought one of these and I love it.
There is something exciting about getting up in the morning and flipping through the previous evenings pics.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Why why why do these cam manufactures continue to go with AT&T. Verizon's coverage is far better. I run a Covert that uses the AT&T network and have had more dead zons than areas with good signal. In spots where the cam can't catch a good enough signal to send a pic my verizon phone will have 3G. And this is up here in the flats of central ohio, I can imagine down in the hollows of SO you can forget it.
Not around here. I had 2 phones on both carriers for 4 years. AT&T wins in SE Ohio more often than not...
I agree. Setting up outdoor security cameras is cheaper. If only I had WiFi I all the woods I hunted. . . .
Why is Phil groaning in his stand?!? lmao