Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Miamisburg area

KYhunter

A buddy and I have the opportunity to come up this fall and hunt a small farm in Miamisburg. I've never been there and I'm just looking for an idea as to what I can expect? Is it a good area? Am I going to see a lot of deer, or very few? I'll be up there the first weekend of November if the plan goes right! Thanks for any help!!

KYhunter

Nothing?? lol what about Montgomery county in general? Just trying to get an idea of what I might be getting myself into here

KYhunter

Buddy says it's somewhere between 40-60 Acres. Mostly timber with some crp like area in the center?? I've never seen it before and he hasn't been there in like 10 years lol. I was planning on doing some hunting in the Shawnee, until he said he had some private ground. From reading on here public is a nightmare

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Buddy says it's somewhere between 40-60 Acres. Mostly timber with some crp like area in the center?? I've never seen it before and he hasn't been there in like 10 years lol. I was planning on doing some hunting in the Shawnee, until he said he had some private ground. From reading on here public is a nightmare
How hard has this property been hunted in the last 10 years?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
According to him and his family it has never been hunted in the past
Well wtf man! Do you guys need some company lol. Seriously if it hasn't been hunted in the past I wouldn't hesitate to make the trip from Kentucky if I were you.

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I live in Springboro, which is just on the other side of I-75 from Miamisburg.
My company is building a new facility in Miamisburg, about a mile from the highway.
I've seen deer at the construction site.

There be deerz up here, don't you worry about that. Big, fat, corn and soy fed deerz.

Get down on your knees tonight and thank God for the access you've been granted.
I'd give my left nut for access to 40 acres in Miamisburg.

You're gonna shoot a fattie :smiley_coolpeace:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
It might be good , might not be . There's deer around the area for sure . I'd be skeptical of the no one has hunted it claim tho. They may not have given permission , but I'd bet cha someone has been sneaking in there . Alot of honeysuckle brush in that area can make the timber tough to hunt . Tough finding spots with decent shooting opportunities with trimming alot . I used to hunt the area around there

KYhunter

It might be good , might not be . There's deer around the area for sure . I'd be skeptical of the no one has hunted it claim tho. They may not have given permission , but I'd bet cha someone has been sneaking in there . Alot of honeysuckle brush in that area can make the timber tough to hunt . Tough finding spots with decent shooting opportunities with trimming alot . I used to hunt the area around there

I feel the same way. Kind of hard to guarantee a place hasn't been hunted unless you stay on it 24/7. Sounds like there are deer in and around that area, so we will probably give it a try this year. Might end up getting lucky on one. I can always hunt the Shawnee later in the year, as I have some family that lives 45 min from it

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Given the choice between Shawnee or what ya described I'd say the miamisburg area should be better . Just depends on the property . Montgomery county isn't a great deer county , but there are great properties in bad counties and bad properties in good counties so ya just never know

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
40-60acres of private ground? CRP in the middle? Minimal hunting in decades? From what little details I read: congrats! Sounds like a winning lottery ticket. Maybe not a powerball ticket, but a winner of some form. Good luck.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
40-60acres of private ground? CRP in the middle? Minimal hunting in decades? From what little details I read: congrats! Sounds like a winning lottery ticket. Maybe not a powerball ticket, but a winner of some form. Good luck.

I agree! Some world class deer have come from that area or region. Wasn't the Beatty buck and Germain(sp?) bucks taken in Montgomery county?

Prolly not Stark county quality and quantity but I'd be happy as a pig in shit to have access to prop like that!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I agree! Some world class deer have come from that area or region. Wasn't the Beatty buck and Germain(sp?) bucks taken in Montgomery county?

Prolly not Stark county quality and quantity but I'd be happy as a pig in shit to have access to prop like that!
No big deer in stark county, damn it! And the beatty buck was Greene county.

KYhunter

Sounds like it's a no brainer on this one then. We are planning on that first weekend in November and hunting 4 days. As a teacher I get off that Election Day and won't have to use a sick day lol. Hopefully we get to make a drive up and check the area out sometime before then just to get an idea of what we are looking at. Thank you guys for the input, can't wait to chase some Ohio monsters!