Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alabama this week

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well I am in the Deep South this week for business. I have to say it is comical that every guy I talk to hunts. Every guy then says "you're from Ohio, y'all got some big ol deer uper"

Although not as true as it once was. Still always feels good to have people recognize Midwest deer!

Ps. Alabama is full of super nice people. If you ever get a chance, highly recommend Huntsville.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A good state full of good people. The wife and I have considered moving to the Huntsville or Birmingham area.

But you're right everyone in the Deep South hunts. Come season you won't see a pickup without a quad in the back 24x7.

Bigcountry40

If like like natural light and Nascar you will always have a friend in alabama

Pabst blue ribbon bro, beer of South Carolina, Georgia and I have to assume Alabama. I had a bad experience with them in 2009 on dollar beer night in down town Greenville, Sc. I havent been able to drink one since.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
A good state full of good people. The wife and I have considered moving to the Huntsville or Birmingham area.

But you're right everyone in the Deep South hunts. Come season you won't see a pickup without a quad in the back 24x7.

Birmingham didn't do much for me Joe. I really liked the Decatur, guntersville, Huntsville areas.

It's funny not a lot of highways in Alabama. You drive a ton of backroads to and from
Places.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Birmingham didn't do much for me Joe. I really liked the Decatur, guntersville, Huntsville areas.

It's funny not a lot of highways in Alabama. You drive a ton of backroads to and from
Places.

Jessica and I stopped outside Birmingham in a town called Trussville. We were just passing through on our way to my parents place in Vicksburg Ms but wanted to see the civil rights museum in Birmingham. The museum was closed on Monday so we stayed an extra day in Trussville. Nice town full of nice people and totally devoid of trash. A true southern town where women and men alike still put a little effort into their appearance when leaving the house. Devoid of pajama pants with hoodies, messy bun pony tails, and neck tattoos.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Jessica and I stopped outside Birmingham in a town called Trussville. We were just passing through on our way to my parents place in Vicksburg Ms but wanted to see the civil rights museum in Birmingham. The museum was closed on Monday so we stayed an extra day in Trussville. Nice town full of nice people and totally devoid of trash. A true southern town where women and men alike still put a little effort into their appearance when leaving the house. Devoid of pajama pants with hoodies, messy bun pony tails, and neck tattoos.

O outside of Birmingham does have some nice small towns for sure!!! I tell ya ain't it something how the blacks and whites treat each other in the south. They are so full of love towards each other it's amazing. You'd never know that with our media today.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
O outside of Birmingham does have some nice small towns for sure!!! I tell ya ain't it something how the blacks and whites treat each other in the south. They are so full of love towards each other it's amazing. You'd never know that with our media today.

Southern blacks are totally different than the ones up here with the exception of the ones in the inner cities, those are the same no matter where you go. Segregation is still very prevalent but on a voluntary scale. There can be two gas stations at an intersection. Blacks will go to one and whites to the other, nobody even really thinks about it. On my last trip home I pulled in to the wrong gas station, I didn't get an evil eye, nobody said anything, and the three black fellas in front of me at the pump were all wearing camo and orange vests. Did we mention everyone hunts. Lol. In places where blacks and whites intermingle a polite working society. However there are counties in MS and Alabama that are very rural and 80%+ black. I feel like a black man would in the depths of WV. Out of place and I'll run out of gas before I stop. The vast majority of those redneck blacks are good people. But there's some that will swing your white ass from a tree.