Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans Hunt 2016

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
This years Veterans Hunt with the group Hunting With Heroes is November 4th-6th up in Lima. Sorry Jesse and Chad, I will be able to make it to this hunt b/c I wont miss any work. I will arrive on Friday afternoon, hunt Saturday morning, break for lunch and hunt again Saturday afternoon. We will go back out Sunday morning and that's the end. A couple of guys had mentioned either donating to the cause or volunteering their time after last years thread. There are fundraisers throughout the year to help fund this hunt. However, not everything gets covered. The guy who puts this on, Joe Sawmiller, pays the rest out of pocket. Im posting his contact info below for anyone that would like to get involved. His is getting very busy this time of year so be persistent if need be. Either by donating $ or being a guide or helping track like Phil did last year. This event will have around 50 hunters this year. Every hunter will be provided with a hotel room and meals. I believe Ten Point will be there again this year to loan out cross bows to anyone in need. This is an event I look forward TOO every year. This is the only time of the year I get to see a bunch of these guys. Ill keep this thread updated as the events progress.

huntingwithheros@hotmail.com

Text to Joe Sawmiller 419-204-2805

Jake_C

Sounds like an awesome event. I'm a vet myself and love to hear about these kind of things. I'm going to shoot this guy an email next week and try to at least give a few bucks to help. If I had the vacation time available I would definitely try to come and lend a hand. Thanks for posting.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Heading up to Lima today for the veterans hunt. I decided to stop by my mom's on the way out to see how she's doing. I get here and she's watching project runway. I can feel my man card slipping away. I definitely need to kill something this weekend. We qualify from 1-5 then dinner, meet our guides, find out where we are hunting then off to our hotels. Hunt starts tomorrow at six. I'll update this thread a little later. Hoping to meet up with Phil at some point this weekend.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm not hunting the morning Dustin. I'll be waiting on a call or text to give you a hand. Hopefully a dandy strolls in for you!