Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bears, Bears and more Bears....

Fletch

Supporting Member
With our bear season right around the corner, I took a walk yesterday to where I hunt... Put out some goodies and a trail cam to see whats around... Three piles of fresh bear chit where I normally hang camera.. So bears do chit in the woods.. Tree they normally rub on had a chunk bitten out about 7 ft. up... I'll bet I have pics from last night and all goodies are gone.. Going later in week to check camera, so I will post pics...

Fletch

Supporting Member
I'm sure this guy is in the area and will have put on a few more pounds for this year.... He should be a GIANT this fall....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok... I went earlier in the week to check cam..... Had 125 different pics of bears... Some were repeats... Here's a few pic's to share... So far no shooters, but plenty of time for one to start showing up... Bear permits went on sale earlier this week and I got mine, so ready to go.. Enjoy pics...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
IMG_8036.jpg

We left Gatlinburg yesterday and this one showed up this morning as my brother was taking the trash out lol

Fletch

Supporting Member
The one in the first photo ( second post ) looks TOO be good size. Good Luck.

That bear is a great bear probably 350-400 lbs.... But I know there's BIGGER... Lets see what the next month brings.. Still got to Oct 10th. for a big boy to start showing up.. Then the question will be... will he show up during legal shooting hours... If he does... Boy does the work start...

"J" That pic is really up close and personal... LOL

Fletch

Supporting Member
Rained off and on yesterday so I didn't go check card. Might go Tues. afternoon, so check back for more pics.

Fletch

Supporting Member
You gotta love this trail cam pic... Pic was taken by a friends camera... I think this is one of the coolest trail cam pics I've ever seen... I mean what is the chance of all these bears posing just as the motion sensor triggered the cam???