Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

West Branch

CR001

Does anyone have any experience hunting West Branch? I plan on hunting there early season. Just looking for any tips such as best parking spots or what to look out for while I'm there.

nis1

I've only hunted it once so maybe you want to take what I have to say lightly haha.

It seems to get pressured pretty good. Being relatively close to a couple areas with decent populations puts that as a place to go on a lot of people's list. We hunted mid October and had encounters with other people walking around with guns back in the middle of no where, looking for squirrels I would assume. It's a big area and offers lots of options which is good. When we were there they had some standing corn fields but then looked that maybe they had been from the previous year.

Just like with any public land, I would recommend finding a place that not many people go to. Find a spot that's been overlooked or is so far off the beaten path, not a lot of people bother with it. Not sure if you have access to a boat or not but I have found awesome spots in the past on public land with the use of a boat. Seems like a lot of work to go on a hunt but when you put an arrow in the big one, it makes it all worth it.

Good luck,!

Qback5

I used to live near there for 5 years in grad school. Hunted west branch and Berlin for deer and turkey...lotta animals but even more pressure.