Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Carhartt Hunting Clothing

HillBuck

Union Co
Being a tight wad, I am always on the look out for good deals for some warm bow hunting clothing. I also like to stick to clothing that is proven to work. I would like to get everyone's thoughts on Carhartt's camo clothing line. From what I have seen, Carhartt has good prices and their work wear has always held up good for me. No way is my wife going to approve a a budget high enough to purchase Sitka Gear or other high dollar warm clothing so I might go strictly Carhartt this year. Everyone's thoughts about warmth, silence, odor protection, durability?

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
The only problem I can see is when you walk to the stand or move to get your bow. Swish, swish, swish...

I'm cheaper than you. I bought 3x camo sweatpants from Wally World and slipped them over my carhart coveralls that I already had.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
You can buy cheaper camo pants and coats for all seasons. I tend to buy lighter weight stuff and layer properly underneath. Something cheap to do that with is polypropolene undergarments. Watch for sales. As long as your not running marathons in your gear, you dont have to break the bank. As far as odor, start with rubber boots. I buy a new pair from the hardware store every few years. They are just a standard green, uninsulated boot, costing about $25. I generally can wear these most of bow season as long as I have my Merino wool socks on.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
You got some good circulation in your feet, Red. Hell mine freeze with 1000 gram rubber boots and wool socks if it's below 25°

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Friend of mine recently went to a Goodwill and bought camo bibs like brand new for like 6.00. She also got a camo coat from Salvation Army in great shape for like 7.00. Might want to stroll in and check it out. She said most thrift stores have a "Hunting or Camo" rack now. One for adults and one for kids.

HillBuck

Union Co
So I went and tested out some Carhartt insulated bibs and coat. They fit well and felt as though they would be warm enough but they are for sure noisy. Looks like I'll be investing in some good base layers and and possibly some heated insoles for my boots. Got some cabelas points saved up so it looks like I'll be using them to make sure my feet stay warm. They have always been my biggest issue in the stand.