Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting partner

CR001

Im newer to bow hunting and looking for a hunting partner in the Akron/Hudson area. If anyone wants to go hunting or hit some public land together, let me know.

Bigcountry40

Lived in Kent for 5 years of my life, a lot of big suburban deer around, if you can find a close friend or relative that has a small woods in their backyard you can have some success. I used to smoke flop tops in stow on a regular basis.

rsmith

I'm not to far away from you, about 40 minutes. I'm up in Chardon. There are some decent public land spots around us to hunt.

CR001

Hey rsmith. I been to west branch and checked it out. Im going to check out ladue as well. If you ever want to meet up and hunt pm me.

Bigcountry40

From my understanding West Branch is the most over hunted area in the state. If I were you I would just jump on 76 to 77 and head to coshocton county.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Don't overlook the Milton/Berlin lake areas as well... Seems like it doesn't get hit as hard during archery.... Zeppernick lake is also a decent area as well...

nis1

Im newer to bow hunting and looking for a hunting partner in the Akron/Hudson area. If anyone wants to go hunting or hit some public land together, let me know.

I'm just south of Akron. You have an idea of places your wanting to hit this year? A couple buddies and I have checked out a lot of the public in the area...even though your choices are limited in this area. Id be happy to charge any info I have and try to meet up for a hunt at some point.

nis1

Probably to late this year. But, you should try to get in to the lottery hunts in Hudson and the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I live in Akron also.

Summit county Metroparks lottery too if your a summit county resident. (Too late this year though)

I will also say that hunting in Hudson is a pain in the a$$. Trips to qualify, time at the sheriff station for approval, copies of home owners insurance. Only worth it if your on a booner in my opinion...that being said I know there are more than a few monster bucks there!

Last edited:

CR001

I tried the lottery no luck this year. Hunting in hudson is definitely a pain. So public land it is this year. I've checked out West Branch a few times over the summer.

CR001

I've heard about auburn and its definitely on my list of places to go to. Thanks for the tips.

Jake_C

I have been in your situation before when I was stationed in Norfolk. You don't know the area all that well and don't know anyone else into bow hunting. It's tough. One little piece of advice I can offer is if you find someone to hunt with on a forum like this I'd go on a "man date" before you go do any boots on the ground scouting or hunting. Take a lap top, meet up, do some internet scouting and map reading, discuss tactics and see if youre hunting styles are compatible. It could save you a couple of hours of misery and arguing and/or possibly being abducted by a buffalo bill type.